Golf in Fife

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Silloth remains my absolute favourite course. Not even your golf will spoil that. My golf will do that all by itself 🤣🤣

I know St Andrews Old is close but is it £600 good if I ignore the history ? Kingsbarns is £450 and Dumbarnie £366.
I'd ignore those 3 and play new or jubilee, then either Leven or Lundin.. Angus is only over the water you have Monifieth, Panmur or Montrose, for getting Carnoustie. If you fancy something other than links. You have Ladybank or Forfar for heathland

splashtryagain

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Oh, I'm a glutton for punishment - savingpar and I once played a comp at Silloth where a well struck drive on the first barely made the fairway but I loved it🤣

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Let me know how you get on👍
I hve been to Anstruther today, I just booked for 9, great location just outside the town and overlooking the sea.
It doesnt look much to be honest, the first hole is uphill to a green you cannot see, but this puts you onto the top level of the course, the 2nd is a par 3 towards the sea, iover clubbed and cleared the green and it was bye bye ball, parred the 2nd ball though, the 3rd is a long flat hole with a few bunkers, then the 4th is a short par 4 that comes back along the cliff edge, birdied it.
THen you come to the Rockies, it is a long par 4 from the mens tee and you cant see the green, for me it was a par 4 and I could see half of it, you hit the ball down to sea level to a narrow fairway if you cannot reach the small green, it is all carry, beware dwon herI was a little long andas it is part of the coast path so there are people about. The 6th goes across a dip to a small raised green, and just touched the putt and it ran down onto the green and then right off it and down a slope. The 7th is an uphill par 3 to get up back onto the top part of the course, too far for my to carry. The 8th is pretty much the reverse of the 3rd, and then the 9th is a downhill par 3 (or par 4 for me) I almost drove the green.
I really enjoyed it and decided to play it again, so after a sandwich and a coffee (£4) I paid the balance between the 9 hole cost and the 18 and went out again. I had the course to myself this time it wasnt until I reached the 8th green tha ta group appeared playing the first, I did drive the 18th the 2nd time around so finished with a nice birdie.

The views over the Firth of Forth are fabulous and as a birdwatcher there were lots of different species to spot

It really is a fun course, the par 3s are the standout holes and i would highly recommend it and at £45 for 18 or £25 for 9 you cannot really lose.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Anstruther fish bar was brilliant last time I was there. The 9 hole course there is fun too.

I like the course at Elie. But couldn't help thinking it was twice the price it would be if mot in Fife!🤣🤣
got to say I was a little disappointed with the fish bar, maybe I was expecting too much.

Ja95

Visit site
I’m also heading up to Fife in September. Looking to book a tee time as early as possible about 7:30/8 does anyone know if this is possible at Elie, Crail, Lundin or any of the St Andrews courses
Called around and made some emails and unlikely to get a tee time unless with a member before 10:30/11 which unfortunately will not work for me. Would any members of the above be able to help?

Budds

Banned
Visit site
Might be a great course but green fee is a joke.
Tourist trade, psrticularly from US, is the cause imo. Same applies in East Lothian, Surrey, Liverpool#s golf coast and for Open venues. Golf tourism, particularly from US, is the cause imo. I certainly wouldn't pay the asking fees for the 3 candidates mentioned in the OP, though have played both TOC and Kingsbarns, and several others in the same category, in the past.

Yorkhacker

Visit site
Might be a great course but green fee is a joke.
I was there yesterday (not playing), and it was very busy. All 4 balls, all Americans and would say 95% had caddies.
The course is obviously not aimed at the home market.
It is a beautiful course, but you could probably play Crail, Elie and one of the St Andrews courses for the same money.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Kids 16 and under play free at either course at Fairmont St Andrews currently.