F1 2024

Swango1980

Visit site
I am sure like most companies they will have their own internal disciplinary procedures for all employees which would not involve police investigations but would lead to some form of disciplinary action if they case is proven. As long as it was done within the disciplinary parameters then no further action was needed. I would suggest the parent company would have been stringent in following due process and the fact they held a process at all is definitely down to brand protection and wanting to be seen as a diligent and open employer
Indeed.

So, if anybody made a complaint within a mega wealthy, mega public brand like Red Bull, whether it be the most trivial matter you could think off to the most serious, I would expect top people to be involved in that investigation.

Whereas if a similar complaint was made at a very small company of 3 or 4 people, I'd expect the internal investigation to be conducted by one of those 3 or 4 people.

Swango1980

Visit site
Normally an internal investigation would be private to the company. The outside world doesn't need to know it's even happened if the complaint is dismissed. I'm sure Red Bull would like that to have been the case.

Which leads to the question: who leaked this to the press? Who has most to gain from smearing Horner?
I always like to know the answers to these questions.

Has someone voluntarily leaked the story. Or, with the press being the hounds that they are, did a journalist who is close to what goes on in F1 overhear a misplaced comment somewhere, dig a bit further and manage to get someone to make another unguarded comment, and then take the story from there? The media are vultures, so I bet they are quite skilled at digging out private information without anyone actually wanting to reveal it (even if they don't resort to tapping up phones)

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I always like to know the answers to these questions.

Has someone voluntarily leaked the story. Or, with the press being the hounds that they are, did a journalist who is close to what goes on in F1 overhear a misplaced comment somewhere, dig a bit further and manage to get someone to make another unguarded comment, and then take the story from there? The media are vultures, so I bet they are quite skilled at digging out private information without anyone actually wanting to reveal it (even if they don't resort to tapping up phones)
It won’t be a journalist with a paddock pass, they do as they are told or they lose access.
I suspect the email was sent from the person who raised the complaint as they were not satisfied with the internal investigation.
Will be an interesting few days ahead ..

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
It won’t be a journalist with a paddock pass, they do as they are told or they lose access.
I suspect the email was sent from the person who raised the complaint as they were not satisfied with the internal investigation.
Will be an interesting few days ahead ..
It certainly is.

It appears that there is some kind of super injunction preventing reporters from publishing more details of what allegedly happened.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It’s going to be just like last season, isn’t it? In the absence of mechanical issues or a crash, verstappen will win all but one or two races.

It will be interesting to see what the race pace of Ferrari and Merc is like, but very much the race for second place.

Hamilton to Ferrari will make 2025 initially more interesting, but hard to see a change in the pattern until the 2026 reg changes.

D

Deleted member 15344

Well, that's the 2024 season done and dusted.
Allegations swept under the carpet and Max on pole.
Roll on next season
Wasn’t there an investigation carried out as opposed to being swept under the carpet ?

It’s going to be just like last season, isn’t it? In the absence of mechanical issues or a crash, verstappen will win all but one or two races.

It will be interesting to see what the race pace of Ferrari and Merc is like, but very much the race for second place.

Hamilton to Ferrari will make 2025 initially more interesting, but hard to see a change in the pattern until the 2026 reg changes.
It’s a shame that every year there seems to be a manufacturer above the others

D

Deleted member 15344

Red Bull paid for the ''Independent investigation'' and will not be releasing any details of the results or commenting any further.

Do they need to release any details or results ?

It’s an internal investigation- time to move on

Started to watch the F2 this morning ( nothing else on ) and the noise form those is awful , what’s that whistling

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
A link to the WhatsApp messages was put up on another forum I’m on.

Did the so-called independent investigation look at them? If so, it’s quite staggering he was cleared.

Pretty sure he’ll be out of a job pdq once sponsors look at them.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
A link to the WhatsApp messages was put up on another forum I’m on.

Did the so-called independent investigation look at them? If so, it’s quite staggering he was cleared.

Pretty sure he’ll be out of a job pdq once sponsors look at them.

I read some of them, they’re not hard to find 👀
I feel sorry for Geri in all of this.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Wasn’t there an investigation carried out as opposed to being swept under the carpet ?

It’s a shame that every year there seems to be a manufacturer above the others

Not always, the Hamilton v Ferrari spell 18/19 was decent, and the Verstappen v Hamilton battle in 21 was epic. The reg changes came at an awful time.

The other thing that makes it worse is the complete lack of competition within the red bull team. Hamilton v rosberg delivered plenty of drama despite merc domination.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Started to watch the F2 this morning ( nothing else on ) and the noise form those is awful , what’s that whistling
I think you will find Ford give RB an ultimatum....sack him or they go elsewhere with their engines. The American business will not want this hanging around and want to be associated with it after the recent years revelations with men in power and their abuse of it.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site

Probably the turbo.

paddyc

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Bookies paying out on Max already! I really do hope these other cars are more competitive this season Last year was just so boring and predictable. Once Max gets in front there is only one outcome