F1 2024

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Some say that Max has matured in recent years and hasn’t driven overly aggressively as he used to. No he hasn’t. For 3 years he’s had a car that outperformed others, and he didn’t need to bash his way to the front. More recently that hasn’t been the case, and we’re seeing how he has always responded to tough competition.

Maybe it’s the quality of the safety equipment in the cars or maybe he’s just been lucky but I’m surprised he hasn’t put someone in hospital before now.
Only a matter of time if someone doesn't reign him in. The team and the stewards should be doing this but it has to start with the team as stewards can only react to something on the track. The team need to be de-briefing him and explaining why it's wrong. Won't happen of course

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
George Russell disqualified after finishing in first place as his car was found to be 1.5kg underweight after the race. Hamilton moved up to first, Piastri second & Leclerc third.

Gutted for the guy…

C7usk

Visit site
George Russell disqualified after finishing in first place as his car was found to be 1.5kg underweight after the race. Hamilton moved up to first, Piastri second & Leclerc third.

Gutted for the guy…
Yeah, shame for Russel... Was some drive to go for the 1 stop... Really thought Hamilton was going to cruise past when he caught up but wasn't really in danger.. Races have been way better now the others have finally caught up with the Red Bulls...would been ever better if Verstappen didn't have such a lead in the championship.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sad for Russell. His one stop rather than two is thought to have contributed to the problem, too much weight lost in tyre degradation.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Eye opening win for Lando in Max's back yard. Is the McLaren the best car on the grid right now? If they do well in Monza then it has to look good for Lando and McLaren for the rest of the season.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Eye opening win for Lando in Max's back yard. Is the McLaren the best car on the grid right now? If they do well in Monza then it has to look good for Lando and McLaren for the rest of the season.

Read an article over the weekend about Red Bull’s dramatic start to the season that saw them get three 1-2’s in the first five races. Allegedly, the FIA did a snap inspection and found that the cars had a new asymmetrical braking system that allowed the inside wheels at corners to brake differently than the outside wheels, which significantly increased cornering speed. FIA deemed it ‘illegal’ and that it had to be removed. No 1-2’s since, and Perez hasn’t made the podium since.

The article was a little 2nd hand/3rd hand. Quite how accurate I don’t know, nor has the FIA given any press release about whether or not there was even an inspection…

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Read an article over the weekend about Red Bull’s dramatic start to the season that saw them get three 1-2’s in the first five races. Allegedly, the FIA did a snap inspection and found that the cars had a new asymmetrical braking system that allowed the inside wheels at corners to brake differently than the outside wheels, which significantly increased cornering speed. FIA deemed it ‘illegal’ and that it had to be removed. No 1-2’s since, and Perez hasn’t made the podium since.

The article was a little 2nd hand/3rd hand. Quite how accurate I don’t know, nor has the FIA given any press release about whether or not there was even an inspection…
It was interesting watching the qualifying Saturday. They had a section about asymmetrical braking. Apparently it was not in the regs and has now been added.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site

I think you should take that with a pinch of salt.
Here's a quote from Autosport's article about it:
However, the reality of the situation is very different as high-level sources at the FIA have explained that the change was not prompted at all by anything teams were doing at the moment – it was more about future-proofing regulations.
An FIA spokesman told Autosport: "There is no truth that any team was using such a system."

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think you should take that with a pinch of salt.
Here's a quote from Autosport's article about it:
Didn't all of this come about as a result of the braking issues RB have had this season. It raised the suspicion of all the other teams as I understand it.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Didn't all of this come about as a result of the braking issues RB have had this season. It raised the suspicion of all the other teams as I understand it.
I think those suspicions were basically a figment of the media's imagination.
RB had one braking issue, which could easily have just been a seized caliper. Nobody suggested there was anything fishy going on at the time. It was only when this rule clarification came out that the hacks put 2 and 2 together and got 5.

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
Hollywood result for Ferrari at Monza. Can't help think that McLaren stuffed up a guaranteed 1-2.
Yep Mclaren will not win any sort of championship with there current tactics and Lando will not win a championship if he cannot get off the grid better. While Mclaren or Piastri thought swapping a 1-2 for a 1-3 on the first lap when they are 30 points behind RB is beyond me.

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
To me it's looking like Piastri isn't going to be playing the game for the papayas as I think he's all for himself, just like that extremely unlikable thing that drives for red bull

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
To me it's looking like Piastri isn't going to be playing the game for the papayas as I think he's all for himself, just like that extremely unlikable thing that drives for red bull
I didn't think Sergio was that bad :oops:

Oh, wait.......you didn't mean him did you, you meant the other undoubtedly talented, arrogant, self opinionated Belgian who despite getting paid millions doing what he loves doing, spends his whole time moaning and complaining about everything and how nothing is his fault.
It's a shame the FIA can't stick him on the naughty step with K Mag for a week or 2

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
"other undoubtedly talented, arrogant, self opinionated Belgian who despite getting paid millions doing what he loves doing, spends his whole time moaning and complaining about everything and how nothing is his fault."

Can we swop Belgian for Brit? Throw in a few more world championships too?