England top 100

• Thread starter Deleted member 23270
  • Start date

Newnsy

Visit site
Played 17 of these courses, mostly around the surrey area. I think with these sort of courses each of them are interchangeable, and excluding the top 10 or so there rest could get swapped around and no one would notice.

Two courses for me though that shouldn't be where they are, The Addington - No idea why its on the list but I did play it before the renovations and probably the more controversial one Walton Heath old or New i know it has History but the course is just un-memorable i have played it a few time and only remember the first hole because its so bad.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Surprisingly I've played two, but live in the North of Scotland and can count the number of courses I've played in England on one hand.

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
I do wonder about these rankings.

Hindhead Down 6 places ? obviously I’m salty… but that is implying some sort of significant decline, for some reason? (Probably the lowest rankings it’s ever had)
To my knowledge, they didn’t even visit Hindhead this time around.

Since I joined 5 years ago, they’ve done all the bunkers, entire redesigns of holes, the course is continuously improved, and condition wise is in absolutely incredible shape, yet it’s never gone up in the rankings - yet to drop so much without a visit irritates me…

That’s probably the answer, I’m amazed how misinformed. ‘Improvement’ activities can be. Could be wrong, but it’s where I’d put my money.

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
Nice that the entire north east of the country is stuck with Goswick and Close house. Both massively overrated in the standings in my opinion I might add… it’s the golfing black hole between Lincoln and Dunbar…

D

Deleted member 3432

Surprisingly I've played two, but live in the North of Scotland and can count the number of courses I've played in England on one hand.
I live in England and its easier to cross the border than travel south including south Cumbria which is an absolute mare to get to.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Nice that the entire north east of the country is stuck with Goswick and Close house. Both massively overrated in the standings in my opinion I might add… it’s the golfing black hole between Lincoln and Dunbar…
We are quite happy with what we have thanks ?. Getting in the rankings just fills up our courses and increases the fees.

What didn't you like about Close House?