England top 100

• Thread starter Deleted member 23270
  • Start date

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've played a mighty 4 on the list so I can not really get that feisty about who should be where. It is a good list to be able to pick out courses to play though.

For everyone else, let battle commence.......

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Only played 1. got 1, potentially 2 more coming this year.

So... I'm probably not the best to judge each on their merit!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've played 2, with a third to come later in the year - all thanks to this forum. (y)

I've noticed that Moor Park is a new entry near the bottom. It's about 10 minutes drive from where I live but I haven't played there yet. That's something I might try and set up in September for my birthday. I did have my wedding reception there 5 years back but my wife neglected to negotiate a free round for me...

peld

Visit site
I really really really dont get "Top 100 Golf Course" lists and why they change year to year.

Unless a course had extensive work done, its the bloody same.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
I played one of these on Monday; for the state of the bunkers alone it shouldn’t be in the county’s top 100, never mind the country’s top 100.

AddisonRoad

Visit site
I played Hadley Wood earlier in the year and didn't find it particularly inspiring. Excellent clubhouse and decent course, but didn't seem worthy of a top 100 list. I played West Byfleet in November and would say that's a better course.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
4 for me. Beau Desert, Ganton, Belfry and Seaton Carew. I have played golf at Close House, but that was when it was pay-and-play and I put 50p in the honesty box.

If they go for UK rather than merely England, then there is a good chance I can score zero.

In answer to your call for a mass brawl...

Forest of Arden is better than Belfry.
Luffenham Heath is better than Beau Desert.

Last edited:

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I've played about 17 at a quick count, relative position is all a matter of opinion and having played most of the ones that I have played only once I'm not going to argue with much on there although my opinion may differ.
The only one that I didn't really rate the time I played it was Chart Hills which I thought a bit tricked up with far too many bunkers most of which were scruffy.
Even that was after a week on other courses so I was a bit tired but preferred the others.

Visit site
I do wonder about these rankings.

Hindhead Down 6 places ? obviously I’m salty… but that is implying some sort of significant decline, for some reason? (Probably the lowest rankings it’s ever had)
To my knowledge, they didn’t even visit Hindhead this time around.

Since I joined 5 years ago, they’ve done all the bunkers, entire redesigns of holes, the course is continuously improved, and condition wise is in absolutely incredible shape, yet it’s never gone up in the rankings - yet to drop so much without a visit irritates me…

D

Deleted member 1147

Played 25, which amazes me.
Can't really comment on any movements, as not played them very recently.
But all were enjoyable.

SimonC

Head Pro
Visit site
I've played 3 of them of which I'm a member of 1 (Cavendish) which is new to this years list.
We have had a lot of work being carried out over the last couple of years & this will continue as its the clubs centenary in 2025 & there is a plan in place improve the condition of the course in time for this.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
33 for me. Different strokes for different folks but I can't see anything untoward.

I really need to get to the South East Coast!!!!!