Earliest you have teed off?

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
4am the day we did 4 different courses in one day for Childline. There were a large number of us that did it, so had to meet beforehand to team up.

The golf wasn't too bad, but meeting in the pub at 2am wasn't the best idea...

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I've played 100s of rounds starting before 6.30am - make sure you stay out of the way of the greenkeepers but it's a great time to play. Cruden Bay that early was just spectacular.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Probably around 6am in the good old days BC (Before Children). Just be careful, because the course I played had automatic sprinklers which came on at 6.30 am!

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
12.30 am....so I was the first person to drive off our 1st tee that year.
For a full game 4.30am in a Midsummer charity event.
At one of my old courses in the 1990's folk used to queue up from 3.30am to book tee times for the following week.

SatchFan

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Nothing spectacular for me. Earliest was about 05:15 but I generally aim for 06:20 so I am right behind the greenkeepers mowing the greens.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
4.30 for the longest day challenge. All a bit stiff at that time of the morning especially with a detour to Leatherhead to pick up my partner for the day who had been out on the lash the night before

D

Deleted member 23344

These all make my 7.04 tee off time last week seem like I had a lie in! I did have a 45 minute drive time before it though.

Cherry13

Head Pro
Visit site
Since the end of lockodown, most fridays I’m at the practise range for 5:30ish, couple of hours then back home to start work. Earliest I’ve teed off though is probs 6:30.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
My brother and his mates used to go to Batchwood nightclub and take their clubs and play as soon as it was light. get round before the course marshal tured up and not have to pay and had sobbered up enough to drive:sneaky:

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
12.30 am....so I was the first person to drive off our 1st tee that year.
For a full game 4.30am in a Midsummer charity event.
At one of my old courses in the 1990's folk used to queue up from 3.30am to book tee times for the following week.

We have a midsummers cup that starts at midnight, I’ve never played in it earliest ive teed off is 4.45 am.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Not proud of this but one Wednesday many years ago at a club in the North East of Scotland one of my mates had to be in Glasgow for an important meeting at 10am and we both wanted to play in the Wednesday medal, both of us were on the committee at the time.

After discussion we decided we could tee off at 5am, scoot round in less than two hours and I could head to work in Aberdeen while he raced to Glasgow (a good three hours away).

Our plan seemed sound and we shot round in about an hour and a half, greeting the arriving greenskeepers on the back nine - both of us shot good scores too. Cards were posted in the box in the changing room and off we set off for work.

We met up in the club late evening for a pint and to see if our scores had won us any sweep money and were greeted by a couple of not very happy members - as we'd played most of the course in the comp before the greenkeepers had arrived they hadn't been able to move the pins or cut the greens.

I finished second in the medal with my partner in crime winning - we got told to never do it again.