Earliest you have teed off?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Prior to our course introducing an opening time of 7.30 about 6.30 from a dark and distant memory.

I knew one guy who used to tee off at 5 am in summer so he could get a round in before going to work.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
as we'd played most of the course in the comp before the greenkeepers had arrived they hadn't been able to move the pins or cut the greens.

Pity the green keepers did not know the rules and could have at least cut the greens.

I remember being quoted one incident during a comp (not where I play) one player had played to the green to about a foot from the hole. Before the player got to the green the green keeper moved the hole to about 20ft away.

DCB

Visit site
Years back we had a crew who would finish the nightshift and go straight to the golf course to play a round. Seemed easy at the time ?

Brizo1411

Visit site
i like going out straight after my nightshift, very peaceful and the wildlifes always around more. always sleep great after it too

D

Deleted member 25172

Physically, 4.30 am for the longest day of golf challenge. We raised a wopping 5k for McMillan so all for a good cause.

Mentally, 1 minute past midnight in my dreams just about every night. Also the only times I’ve shot a 59.
Strange.

tigerwes

Hacker
Visit site
About 4:30 on my longest day challenge. It was still dark so I had to take a short iron off the tee.

It was dark again at the end after 135 holes.

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
Not a full round.
Working in a remote part of the UK a few winters ago and it just so happened the track I was working on had an access point on a golf course.. randomly found a club in a bush with balls..
It was -5 and bloody freezing cold @2am.

I know Essex is bad, but I thought the round with a forumite you were looking for the other week would have been better than that! :ROFLMAO:

Radbourne2010

Challenge Tour Pro
www.mmksolutions.co.uk
Not my earliest, but Sat Medal @ 07:00, first tee time at Gog Magog with a mate. I had to get down to Wembley to watch Spurs get beat by Chelski that afternoon in the Cup Final. We got round in an hour & 50 mins, shot 37 & 38 points accordingly & had a hearty breakfast whist our usual playing partners were arriving for their usual 9.30ish slots. Very surreal & most enjoyable (y)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Think I might have dumped myself in it. Brought this thread up with our captain today and seems like we're looking at four courses in one day for next year for Macmillan and his charity (he's got another year subject to AGM approval given the lockdown etc). We can do three local ones easily enough but struggling for a fourth but knowing him he'll find a way. Given the travel on top of playing I can see it being an early one again

grumpyjock

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Earlist would have been 3.30-3.45 as the course was closed from 7 for a medal comp, that would have been in the early 60's
Most times down in Yorkshire will have been 6.30. during the shutdown our course is not letting players out before 8.20.
Played a few times coming off night shift at 7.00.