dubbin for shoes?

redmike

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Evening all

I bought some dubbin for my golf shoes but am not 100% sure how to use it. Do i just apply it with a brush and let it dry, rather than buffing it off like polish?

cheers!

Canfordhacker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I use my fingers. Apparently this means that you are working some warmth into it, which helps it get right into the leather. I don't remove it, just bung em back in the golf shoe bag.

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
I've gone all hightech and are using some 'nano-tech' stuff on the shoes.

It keeps the leather supple and waterproof, but the best thing about it is that when I get home, all I have to do is wipe the mud and grass off, and the shoes come up gleaming white. Whilst on the golf course the mud and stuff cannot 'cling' to the leather either, meaning that they stay looking good on the course.

Slightly off topic, but relevant.

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
Be careful with dubbin as I am sure I read that it rots the stitching on the shoe.

Andy boy, I’ve got a pair of FJ brogues, is that how you spell it, and obviously they have lots of stitching through the pattern. Anyway, I’ve had them for 6 or 7 years and I’ve been feeding them Wren’s dubbing from day one and they are still the dogs nads. Never let water in………….. not so far.

T

thecraw

Dubbin is a big NO NO!

Its World War stuff and it has no place in todays society when it comes to waterproofing or looking after shoes. Simple shoe polish works 100 times better at keeping shoes in tip top condition. All dubbin does is bloke the pores in the shoe leather and stops it breathing creating problems for the shoe and a breakdown of the leather.

Stay clear!

Macster

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Polish here too.

However, cmon fella's, we're slipping here.......I mean, nobody as yet has even picked up on Homer's little faux pas........

(HID actually)

Good grief.........