DST Compressor

beck9965

Head Pro
Visit site
Had mine about a month now and already have seen a vast improvement in ball striking and distance which has not gone unnoticed at the Sunday morning swindle either, fantastic piece of kit.

Phil.

Grieve14

Head Pro
Visit site
Had mine about a month now and already have seen a vast improvement in ball striking and distance which has not gone unnoticed at the Sunday morning swindle either, fantastic piece of kit.

Phil.

Good to hear! mine will be here today, looking forward to getting up the range after work!

Grieve14

Head Pro
Visit site
takes a bit of getting used to at first but once you've cracked it, bingo.

Do you suggest just using that for a whole range session? or hit a load with that and then finish off with normal irons? or even chop and change between them the whole session?

G

guest100718

Just ordered one, will see how it goes. It may be a training aid that actually gets used! or it will be in the for sale section i a month....

if you want 10% off then use the code Walster722 at checkout. it worked for me.

beck9965

Head Pro
Visit site
I tend to start with the DST then go through my irons, till I get to my 7i then a few more balls with the DST again just to keep the swing drilled in.

turkish

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Silly question time but if you had this in your bag, clearly it's a training aid but could it be classed as a rules infringement as an extra club if you forget to take it out or head straight to the tee from practice area?

Grieve14

Head Pro
Visit site
My 8 iron arrived yesterday and I took it up the range today. At first I was trying to chip and pitch with it like advised but I just didn't get it, couldn't hit it at all so I binned it off and went back to my normal irons and was hitting my high cut like normal.

i then went back to the dst and eventually it clicked. I worked up to full shots with it and it was completely different to my normal strike. It felt clean and crisp and the flight was so much better. Not only has it got my hands further forward at Impact but it's also helped my weight transfer as its very hard to hit it whilst hanging back which is something I used to do.

I then hit a load of normal irons applying the new feeling and it was great. Still not where I want to be but it was so much better - a lower, straighter and longer flight.

Initially I thought it was crap but once it clicked it was a game changer, literally. I'm amazed at the change its made from just one range session to be honest. Definitely worth the £70. Looking forward to see where my iron game is in a few months!!

beck9965

Head Pro
Visit site
My 8 iron arrived yesterday and I took it up the range today. At first I was trying to chip and pitch with it like advised but I just didn't get it, couldn't hit it at all so I binned it off and went back to my normal irons and was hitting my high cut like normal.

i then went back to the dst and eventually it clicked. I worked up to full shots with it and it was completely different to my normal strike. It felt clean and crisp and the flight was so much better. Not only has it got my hands further forward at Impact but it's also helped my weight transfer as its very hard to hit it whilst hanging back which is something I used to do.

I then hit a load of normal irons applying the new feeling and it was great. Still not where I want to be but it was so much better - a lower, straighter and longer flight.

Initially I thought it was crap but once it clicked it was a game changer, literally. I'm amazed at the change its made from just one range session to be honest. Definitely worth the £70. Looking forward to see where my iron game is in a few months!!

Stick with it as it only gets better.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I move mine slightly forward personally. At first it felt like my hands where in a stupidly forward position, but having checked in the mirror at home actually look in a good place.

Sybez

Challenge Tour Pro
www.digitalberry.co.uk
They're supposed to be forward. There is a white line/groove up the hozel that is supposed to point at your nose and look like a straight line, then you "know" your in the right position at the start. I have seen many tour pro images showing them looking pretty neutral at address with it though.

Check the video out on the DST website, they explain how it should be.

Here's some extra debate I'd like to throw in this thread though. The DST shaft is curved in "flexion" from the ball giving forward lean. Golf shafts, under load, should in-fact be in "extension" the other way at impact (Ping did a study on this to prove it) to give a square club face. I assume the DST shaft is a high "stiff flex" overall to maintain a slight curve at the line of tension?

turkish

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Omfg just got mine today and could not hit the thing... Every shot trundled out to the right like a shank... I followed the instructions trying chipping first but couldn't even do that... How long did it take for other users to get the hang of? Was hitting on range mat

Grieve14

Head Pro
Visit site
Omfg just got mine today and could not hit the thing... Every shot trundled out to the right like a shank... I followed the instructions trying chipping first but couldn't even do that... How long did it take for other users to get the hang of? Was hitting on range mat

Haha i was the same for the first 30 balls so ****ed it off. I then went back to it just chioping and suddenly it clicked and i worked up to full shots. Stick with it, just hit little chips and pitch shots to start and you will get it.