DST Compressor

D

Deleted member 15344

Depending on results today, I will have dropped from 14 to 12 while using mine, the biggest improvement has been straighter Iron shots, still work in progress, maybe more in my head but way more confident in my irons since started using it.

Cheers Paul - at least one person can just give a simple answer to a simple question :thup:

D

Deleted member 16999

Cheers Paul - at least one person can just give a simple answer to a simple question :thup:
I've had a couple of Pro's hit mine and a few single figure players and they've all striped it, that level of player naturally or already get their hands in the correct position at impact, for me who struggle with consistencey it's been a great help,

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
the same as it was before he started using it I expect :)

Oh dear well that's good enough reason to get rid of it if one of the best ball strikers in the world hasn't improved...............? Hang on, isn't that what the DST supposed to do? :whistle:

D

Deleted member 15344

I've had a couple of Pro's hit mine and a few single figure players and they've all striped it, that level of player naturally or already get their hands in the correct position at impact, for me who struggle with consistencey it's been a great help,

Cheers for the info Paul and great work on the HC going down :thup:

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've been lucky enough to have one of these on permanent borrow (thanks MATE ;)) and it was my first chance to hit it more than 1/4 swings today outside of the front room.

I must be doing something OK as I didn't find it difficult to flush straight away. That said, I didn't hit any other clubs warming up and proceeded to hit my irons flush all afternoon so in terms of the lag effect and impact position, it was a great way to loosen up and engrain into the swing so is something I'll do ahead of every other round going forward.

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I had a sneaky go of Danny's tonight (that bent shaft has seen some nw action...) hit the first 2 or 3 crazy good. Then the standard dropped a bit, catching it a bit thin, which is better than the fats I struggle with. deffo a work in progress. Suitably impressed with it so far 👍

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I had a sneaky go of Danny's tonight (that bent shaft has seen some nw action...) hit the first 2 or 3 crazy good. Then the standard dropped a bit, catching it a bit thin, which is better than the fats I struggle with. deffo a work in progress. Suitably impressed with it so far 

I gave it back to LQ at Moor Allerton. I know he's looking to flog it but he's a tight wad so a usual haggle may well be out the question.

Pm him. He'll greet you with a smile....honest.

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
ok i am convinced, buying one tonight.

Least it seems to have decent resale value if I dont get on with it!

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I gave it back to LQ at Moor Allerton. I know he's looking to flog it but he's a tight wad so a usual haggle may well be out the question.

Pm him. He'll greet you with a smile....honest.

ill offer a voucher an a box of balls, what could possibly go wrong 😱

Hendy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Just interested to see if people are still using their DST

Had mine at the range there on Friday hit about 20 or so ball just with it. First few were hooked after that I was really getting the 'compressor' feel.

Really hope to get to the range at least once a week with mine hit maybe 50 balls a time with it and finish with some of my normal 8 iron..

D

Deleted member 16999

Just interested to see if people are still using their DST

Had mine at the range there on Friday hit about 20 or so ball just with it. First few were hooked after that I was really getting the 'compressor' feel.

Really hope to get to the range at least once a week with mine hit maybe 50 balls a time with it and finish with some of my normal 8 iron..
I have mine with me every time I go to practise and use it during the practise, amount depends on whether I'm at range or course.

Jon321

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Yep still use mine. Usually start with it until I have hit 5 straight ones then onto 7 iron with the same feeling. Always in the bag

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Always use mine at the range. I hit 10-15 wedge to loosen up and then start with the DST to get the right feel. After that if my striking is off I'll go back and hit more balls with it. I love the thing

MartynB

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Bought one a week ago after my pro recommended it, couple of range sessions so far and I can hit it and get the ball airborne though I'm sure I'm still flipping it!

sticking with it though.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Still have one and still get very good use of it. I wish I could say that I am as disciplined with its use like Jon321 is though.

I tend to alternate shots with mine and me 8 iron, which will probably not help groove the correct motion.

Had a lesson with Phil Archer at Tour X also on Friday and he was also raving about the things.

Good purchase and I 'can' hit the ball better than I ever had.

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What's the jazz folks I picked one up a week or so ago and after a couple of range sessions I'm not really seeing what all the fuss is about?! Like there must be something to it given the pros who use it but I'm clearly missing the point. I found it very easy to hit straight partial and full, well, 3/4 swings and the only noticeable difference when I swapped back my normal 8i was I developed a forward press which I'm not sure I'm keen on. I'm following the advice, lining up the white lines, chipping pitching etc but not seeing much improvement in ball striking. Weird. Perhaps I just need to stick with it?