DST Compressor

NorfolkShaun

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What's the jazz folks I picked one up a week or so ago and after a couple of range sessions I'm not really seeing what all the fuss is about?! Like there must be something to it given the pros who use it but I'm clearly missing the point. I found it very easy to hit straight partial and full, well, 3/4 swings and the only noticeable difference when I swapped back my normal 8i was I developed a forward press which I'm not sure I'm keen on. I'm following the advice, lining up the white lines, chipping pitching etc but not seeing much improvement in ball striking. Weird. Perhaps I just need to stick with it?

Tried one not for me either.

D

Deleted member 16999

What's the jazz folks I picked one up a week or so ago and after a couple of range sessions I'm not really seeing what all the fuss is about?! Like there must be something to it given the pros who use it but I'm clearly missing the point. I found it very easy to hit straight partial and full, well, 3/4 swings and the only noticeable difference when I swapped back my normal 8i was I developed a forward press which I'm not sure I'm keen on. I'm following the advice, lining up the white lines, chipping pitching etc but not seeing much improvement in ball striking. Weird. Perhaps I just need to stick with it?

Maybe it's simply not for you, you may already naturally do what it's meant to help with.

I still use mine for warming up every time I go the range, I believe mine has helped me impact and hit the ball better. Certainly helped me with alignment.

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks both, I thought it was a rule you had to love it ;) Na I don't get it, the quality of ball striking of the pros who use it suggests I'm missing something. I ain't crushing it like them. Is it the forward press? Do you guys (who love it) have one?

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks Homer i had seen the first video not the second, doesn't explain to me anything I wasn't understanding. I'm going to give it another go in the week I think, maybe percivier for a few more balls than I've been hitting with it.

D

Deleted member 16999

Thanks both, I thought it was a rule you had to love it ;) Na I don't get it, the quality of ball striking of the pros who use it suggests I'm missing something. I ain't crushing it like them. Is it the forward press? Do you guys (who love it) have one?
I wasn't getting my hands in the correct position and tended to scoop some shots has helped me, will often pre-set the forward press, not sure "love it" is the correct feeling for me, but will definitely keep using it.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I had one off LQ and have had 1 very quick practice with it and it's been sat in my locker ever since. I'm moving it on as I don't want it to detract from the lessons I'm having.

It's only hit a ball 10 times so it's as new so I will stick it in the FS section for £50 as that's what I owe LQ for it 😳

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I used mine for the first time Thursday, the first one or two were sketchy but after thet I was hitting half and 3/4 shots pretty well considering I'm a flipper and have been for 20 years!

After around 15/20 shots I hit an easy 8i and WOW!

Will be spending a lot more time with this, just need to find out how it works with regards to carrying it in my bag during a round.

I'm assuming like tour sticks, there's no penalty unless you attempt to use it during the round?

Last edited:

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I used mine for the first time Thursday, the first one or two were sketchy but after thet I was hitting half and 3/4 shots pretty well considering I'm a flipper and have been for 20 years!

After around 15/20 shots I hit an easy 8i and WOW!

Will be spending a lot more time with this, just need to find out how it works with regards to carrying it in my bag during a round.

I'm assuming like tour sticks, there's no penalty unless you attempt to use it during the round?

i wasnt sure so have been chucking it in my locker if a competitive round, and declaring it to playing partners in bounce games

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had a go with mine for the first time in a while on Saturday.............. Crunch, crunch, crunch, all shallow divots, all going with couple yards of draw, and that awesome sound of compression.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
i wasnt sure so have been chucking it in my locker if a competitive round, and declaring it to playing partners in bounce games

The prob I have is our range is completely the opposite direction to the car park. If I hit the range first with the wonder sticks I've got a 500 yard round trip to drop it off.

Need to get clarification on this asap

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Anyone got one or these kicking about gathering dust?

I fancy getting back into using one of these?

Haven't heard a peep about one in years. Anyone still using theirs?

Trojan615

Head Pro
Visit site
I’ve got both the wedge and the 8 iron I used to use regularly, the wedge was a surprise as it sorted out my short game when I was struggling… I used it in chipping comps with my mate to make sure I got the action perfected under pressure.

might list them on here as I’ve got a baby due and can’t see me practicing much this year

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I’ve got both the wedge and the 8 iron I used to use regularly, the wedge was a surprise as it sorted out my short game when I was struggling… I used it in chipping comps with my mate to make sure I got the action perfected under pressure.

might list them on here as I’ve got a baby due and can’t see me practicing much this year

Let me know if you do. :) I got a lend of the 8 iron off Bluewolf back in 2017 for a month or so. I feel like I'd get the most out of it during range sessions in the off season.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

Boomy

Visit site
I have the 8 iron. Still use it regularly. Will tell you straight away if your impact is off. Doesn't go as far as a conventional 8 club but great for getting hands forward and into a good impact position

Thanks for the info Homer ? I’d honestly never heard of them until this thread.