DST Compressor

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The CR is a transition club with a normal shaped shaft but with the lines on the face and hosel.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Bluewolf has very kindly given me a loan of his DST compressor 8 iron.

I have to say I am suitably impressed. Going to try and use it as much as possible this next few weeks. I have moved away from having my hands ahead this last few years.

First few shots were a little strange having my hands so far ahead even at address. once I felt a little more comfortable I just used my normal address position but was getting good hands forward impact.

The club does let you know when you are hitting it properly. Feels great.

Plan to use it for another few sessions then try and mix in 2 shots DST, 1 shot normal iron. Etc

Nice weight and stiffness to the club.

Certainly grabbed my attention.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Bluewolf has very kindly given me a loan of his DST compressor 8 iron.

I have to say I am suitably impressed. Going to try and use it as much as possible this next few weeks. I have moved away from having my hands ahead this last few years.

First few shots were a little strange having my hands so far ahead even at address. once I felt a little more comfortable I just used my normal address position but was getting good hands forward impact.

The club does let you know when you are hitting it properly. Feels great.

Plan to use it for another few sessions then try and mix in 2 shots DST, 1 shot normal iron. Etc

Nice weight and stiffness to the club.

Certainly grabbed my attention.

All whilst the handicap committee were waiting for two last cards to come in from the shotgun start......;)

Grieve14

Head Pro
Visit site
Just ordered one of the 8 irons with a 10% off code I found online, looking forward to giving it a bash.

I always struggled with the driver off the tee but recently I have started driving it longer and straighter, and even with a slight draw, but my iron play has gone to pot. Hopefully this will get me hitting down on the ball a bit more as I currently hit it very high!

Last edited:

groundskeeperwilly

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Just ordered one of the 8 irons with a 10% off code I found online, looking forward to giving it a bash.

I always struggled with the driver off the tee but recently I have started driving it longer and straighter, and even with a slight draw, but my iron play has gone to pot. Hopefully this will get me hitting down on the ball a bit more as I currently hit it very high!

Where did you or indeed anyone else but them from?

the_coach

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks - not sure how I missed it TBH!

Is there general consensus one the wedge or 8 iron being better/more beneficial for any particular reason?

they're a pretty useful piece of training equipment if the issues in the current swing are not rotating hip clear and not rotating upper body so having difficulty getting hands handle to give forwards leaning shaft for proper dynamic strike - so folks who a bit over armsy dominated swing with way too square hips at strike and little ways of a flip through impact
if the issues are pretty big then better off with the clubs with the shaft bend as opposed to the others

though anyone using them good likely benefit from use overtime

kind depends to some degree how folks tend to learn best as to which (PW/8i) is likely to be the better buy for instance if folks find it harder to learn new swing functions with a fuller swing - then the wedge might be the ways to go to learn the very different motion with a smaller half swing (though that doesn't mean you can't use the 8i with half swings in fact it's probably more useful to go down that route anyways at first with the 8i)
also depends what might suit the eye re more loft or not

whichever club though it's a ways crucial the set-up is to the 'instructions' and indications mark on the club as opposed to trying to fit the club (with the shaft bend) into folks normal type of set-up address as that will just defeat the objective of the design of the club by forcing some compensations to get strike and direction as opposed to learning proper swing function motions needed to get strike with direction

be prepared from the get-go if folks have an arm swing dominated motion with little footwork, hip and body turn into impact to get a bunch of real interesting shot outcomes - have to persevere some and engage the lower/upper body in the correct sequence to have the club/s work

.....seen a few folks wanting to bend the shaft a good bit more after only half a dozen swings .....

Last edited:

turkish

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Mines has been shipped pretty excited to try out.... quick question though does it matter what surface you use this on? either range matts or grass- is there a benefit of either? Obviously range matts can mask the bad strikes but always going to be a good flat lie

G

guest100718

they're a pretty useful piece of training equipment if the issues in the current swing are not rotating hip clear and not rotating upper body so having difficulty getting hands handle to give forwards leaning shaft for proper dynamic strike - so folks who a bit over armsy dominated swing with way too square hips at strike and little ways of a flip through impact
if the issues are pretty big then better off with the clubs with the shaft bend as opposed to the others

though anyone using them good likely benefit from use overtime

kind depends to some degree how folks tend to learn best as to which (PW/8i) is likely to be the better buy for instance if folks find it harder to learn new swing functions with a fuller swing - then the wedge might be the ways to go to learn the very different motion with a smaller half swing (though that doesn't mean you can't use the 8i with half swings in fact it's probably more useful to go down that route anyways at first with the 8i)
also depends what might suit the eye re more loft or not

whichever club though it's a ways crucial the set-up is to the 'instructions' and indications mark on the club as opposed to trying to fit the club (with the shaft bend) into folks normal type of set-up address as that will just defeat the objective of the design of the club by forcing some compensations to get strike and direction as opposed to learning proper swing function motions needed to get strike with direction

be prepared from the get-go if folks have an arm swing dominated motion with little footwork, hip and body turn into impact to get a bunch of real interesting shot outcomes - have to persevere some and engage the lower/upper body in the correct sequence to have the club/s work

.....seen a few folks wanting to bend the shaft a good bit more after only half a dozen swings .....

All the problens I have.... might have to buy one.