Donald Trump, man of many faces!

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thecraw

Reading today that Trump is furious with Alex Salmond. The man who brought Trump to Scotland and rubber stamped his proposals for the golf course after Aberdeen council chiefs blocked his proposals.

Salmond was at that time Trumps saviour.

Now however Salmond has given the go-ahead for 11 wind turbines to be built and erected in Aberdeen Bay to harness wind power provoking Trump to threaten to abandon his plans to build the hotel and houses at the Aberdeenshire resort. Uncle Donald is not best please by sounds of things. Just listen to these quotes!!!!

"hell bent on destroying Scotland's coastline"

"you will have single handedly have done more damage to Scotland than virtually any event in Scottish history"

"it will be like looking through the bars of a prison and the Scottish citizens will be the prisoners"

I actually quite like wind turbines, I dont think they detarct from the natural landscape and in the grand scale of things I can see the need and appreciate that they do far more good than long term damage.

I think Mr Trump is so used to getting his own way that he's acting a bit childish here. I appreciate the money that he's investing into Scotland and the World class golf course that he's creating in Aberdeen but does he honestly think his place is above renewable energy sources and environmental benefits to all.

Thoughts?

StrangelyBrown

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don't think that turbines will be Trump's problem, it'll be the mist.

Trump is just a businessman, he is pre-programmed to have many faces to suit his own ends. I fully expected him to turn on his 'friend' Salmond as soon as any part of Trump's grand plan was threatened.

I thought plans were afoot to build turbines off the coast of the Macrihanish too?

T

thecraw

Trump is just a businessman, he is pre-programmed to have many faces to suit his own ends. I fully expected him to turn on his 'friend' Salmond as soon as any part of Trump's grand plan was threatened.

I thought plans were afoot to build turbines off the coast of the Macrihanish too?

I understand that the Mull of Kintyre plan has been shifted about 30 miles which mean that they will not be visable from Machrihanish. Again though, I really don't see the issue. It'll not be long before we are harnessing the waves energy in places like these as well.

StrangelyBrown

Tour Winner
Visit site
No I don't get the issue either. I quite like the mixture of rugged landscape with ultra modern engineering. It makes a nice juxtaposition, to be all w*nky about it ;)

SAPCOR1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I understand that the Mull of Kintyre plan has been shifted about 30 miles which mean that they will not be visable from Machrihanish. Again though, I really don't see the issue. It'll not be long before we are harnessing the waves energy in places like these as well.

Doesn't bother me seeing wind farms, even in these areas of "natural beauty".

We need alternate sources of power and wind, waves, solar and nuclear are the way forward until someone comes up with other alternatives

beck9965

Head Pro
Visit site

Sounds like the red mist is already rising, I quite like to see banks of wind turbines they look very majestic, can get quite noisy though.

muttleee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Trump has to persuade shedloads of rich Americans to pay top whack for 18 holes in frequently miserable weather. Windfarms are the least of his worries.

Monty_Brown

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I quite like windfarms too. Nicest description I've read about them is "aerial ballet".

Used to live on the Kent coast where there is a big offshore windfarm... I quite liked seeing it... it was sort of reassuring to see a visual reminder that there are ways we might be able to create power without polluiting.

I hold my hands up to not knowing how efficient these things are though.

Heidi

Tour Rookie
Visit site
He's totally frootloops
Did you see the programme on the beeb about him trying to kick people out of their houses cos they were in the way of his course?

My fave bit about that prog was the tour of his penthouse at top of Trump Towers - he has gold taps in the bathroom...
He'd be better off spending his dosh on a hair transplant ;)

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sorry can't stand windfarms. A blot on the landscape. Plus not very efficient. You need god knows how many just to supply a small town.

T

thecraw

Sorry can't stand windfarms. A blot on the landscape. Plus not very efficient. You need god knows how many just to supply a small town.

Not really in comparison to Open Cast Coal mining.

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
Trump is a typical self-centred capitalist businessman; he'd argue black was white if it suited his purposes.

However, windfarms are a total eyesore cropping up all round our beautiful country. Worse they are utterly pointless - you still need other forms of power to supply the grid when the turbines aren't generating due to no wind or too much wind.

And if we must have them why do they have to be white? Could we not make some effort to get them to blend into the landscape?

T

thecraw

Trump is a typical self-centred capitalist businessman; he'd argue black was white if it suited his purposes.

However, windfarms are a total eyesore cropping up all round our beautiful country. Worse they are utterly pointless - you still need other forms of power to supply the grid when the turbines aren't generating due to no wind or too much wind.

And if we must have them why do they have to be white? Could we not make some effort to get them to blend into the landscape?

Absolute nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.