Trump and NATO

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Nicely condescending thankyou...

So what do you think of Trump in the press conference? You think it all just great and that all those in the USA who are freaking out are just bad losers and exaggerating things?
What does it matter what anyone in the World thinks, because unless they’re American citizens we and have no say in the matter or what he says or does.

The guy may be a buffoon, but to keep harping on doesn’t achieve anything.
Unless of course you have an American passport and can vote postal, your thoughts and opinions of him are as irrelevant as mine and everyone else’s on this side of the Atlantic.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Since you ask, I think Trump is dreadful, unstatesman like, a braggard with no idea to behave... some of his policies are excellent, some are bad and some are misrepresented.

When I see many of his detractors, and their agernda, then begin to doubt my dislike of him....................... the default position of the millenial sheep,

Kids blown up at concerts, grooming gangs, FGM and gays chucked off tall buildings..... total bloody silence. Trump? They go bananas - why is that?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Since you ask, I think Trump is dreadful, unstatesman like, a braggard with no idea to behave... some of his policies are excellent, some are bad and some are misrepresented.

When I see many of his detractors, and their agernda, then begin to doubt my dislike of him....................... the default position of the millenial sheep,

Kids blown up at concerts, grooming gangs, FGM and gays chucked off tall buildings..... total bloody silence. Trump? They go bananas - why is that?

OK then. Have you listened to what GoP Senators Sasse, Flake and McCain have said. Have you heard what Paul Ryan (GoP Speaker of the House of Representatives) has said. Have you heard what Newt Gingrich (past Speaker of the House of Representatives) has said.

And have you heard or read what Fox News thinks...

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018/07/trump-putin-conference-right-reaction

Well I have. And none of it is complementary or supportive in any way of Trump's words. On the contrary - they are all - at best - very disturbed and worried.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
OK then. Have you listened to what GoP Senators Sasse, Flake and McCain have said. Have you heard what Paul Ryan (GoP Speaker of the House of Representatives) has said. Have you heard what Newt Gingrich (past Speaker of the House of Representatives) has said.

And have you heard or read what Fox News thinks...

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018/07/trump-putin-conference-right-reaction

Well I have. And none of it is complementary or supportive in any way of Trump's words. On the contrary - they are all - at best - very disturbed and worried.

And that changes what I said how exactly? Or did you actually read what you are replying to?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
And that changes what I said how exactly? Or did you actually read what you are replying to?

I commented that John Brennan had been highly critical of Trump - you replied with issues unrelated to John Brennan's comments on Trump. I care not for 'whatabootery'. Albeit that what you mention are all serious issues and concerns what are they to do with Trump and his love affair with Putin?

The serious concerns of many in the US are in respect of the risk that their President poses to US National Security. A risk that is highlighted by Trump's standing attitude towards the US Security and Intelligence Services; his dismissing of them whilst in front of the world press and standing besides the despot Putin; his complete unwillingness to express any form of concerns on Putin and Russia's behaviour - whilst misrepresenting the views of Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats - who had urged Trump to confront and castigate Putin for Russian meddling in the election.

And of course - we have Putin telling the world that he wanted Trump to win and implying that he directed his intel community to try and make that happen. Putin not so clever. And as Putin said this - Trump looked on admiringly and smirking.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
And, the conclusion is, the Democrats seriously need to up their game next time round...

That means going with a candidate favourable with the electorate not just the party faithful...

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
And, the conclusion is, the Democrats seriously need to up their game next time round...

That means going with a candidate favourable with the electorate not just the party faithful...

They do. But many are worried about 'the now'. And so should our government...as Trump cosies up to Putin whilst being ambivalent (at best) about NATO and stating that the EU is 'a foe' as he looks to undermine it...to see what he can do to promote it's disintegration.

And as one commentator asked - what on earth would Trump do if Putin sent forces into any of the Baltic states tomorrow.

Last edited:

gmc40

Head Pro
Visit site

Why is it so common amongst gammon to refer to "grooming gangs" as soon as anyone is critical of Trump, Tommy Robinson or other racists/bigots?

I don't like racists and the people who defend them.

I don't like grooming gangs and the people who covered it up.

I don't like terrorists or those who promote radical Islam.

I don't like Priests/80's DJ's who abused kids.

I'm sure pretty certain it's not one or the other.

It is acceptable to criticise all nonces and not just the brown ones.

gmc40

Head Pro
Visit site
Good use of trendy insult, but you ignored the point raised....and interesting assumption of authors origin and politics.

But appreciate the confirmation and the bite. Some things may be criticised, some not.

It was a fair point. You claimed those who criticse Trump never criticise Grooming Gangs etc etc without actually knowing whether they do or don't. On the same hand people who wheel out the "what about the grooming gangs" comment only ever seem to be upset about that type of nonce. I wonder why?

gmc40

Head Pro
Visit site
You clearly have no knowledge of the prison system then...... or recent case law

Not relevant. Are you the same Ian who was over on golf magic before the forum went pair shaped when the bigots took over? If so I note you're not as obvious in your views as you were over there. I suppose it's easier when surrounded by like minded souls.

gmc40

Head Pro
Visit site
Sorry to disappoint.
I didn’t express a view, only asked why people take to the streets about one thing, but not others....and clearly you can’t have the discussion with someone shouting “bigot!”

Interesting

I'm not disappointed, I'm correct.

It's the default argument of the Bigot. "Why you moaning about [insert name of racist] and not the [insert a crime committed by a muslim/foreigner]?". You see it all the time on forums and social media. It's just a weak attempt to shut people down.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
I'm not disappointed, I'm correct.

It's the default argument of the Bigot. "Why you moaning about [insert name of racist] and not the [insert a crime committed by a muslim/foreigner]?". You see it all the time on forums and social media. It's just a weak attempt to shut people down.

You are indeed spot on - bigots come in all forms, and youve missed some words from the brackets! :D

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
And so Trump supporters complain that 'the metropolitan liberal elite' deride Trump supporters by calling them stupid. Well in his explanation of his mis-speak Trump clearly considers his supporters to be well and truly 100% stupid. But in believing his supporters are so stupid to actually swallow his line - these supporters are not half as stupid as Trump is himself.

For many Americans that must have been a very worrying (never mind that it excruciatingly embarrassing) thing to hear their president spout yesterday.

And he is to be our #1 post-Brexit friend in the world. Oh goodie.

Last edited:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Just one little bit of the wisdom of Trump the Genius from yesterday

The Summit with Russia was a great success, except with the real enemy of the people, the Fake News Media. I look forward to our second meeting so that we can start implementing some of the many things discussed, including stopping terrorism, security for Israel, nuclear........

The man is either deluded, an imbecile or insane. Or maybe all three.

Putting aside the great success - nobody has a clue what Trump discussed and agreed with Putin in private. Not a clue. And that is why there is a strong push to have the US translator subpoenaed to give evidence to the House Intell Committee - and it seems that Republicans are currently blocking it, good god- what the hell is going on.

Meanwhile witness the stunned reaction of Dan Coats - DNI Chief, when he is told that Trump has invited Putin to the White House in the fall. And when later in a Q&A session if he had know - he said he hadn't...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/dan-co...meddling-second-meeting-aspen-security-forum/