Donald Trump, man of many faces!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shewy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As an Aberdonian I'm going to agree with Trump on this one.1st wind turbines are not efficient,it takes more energy to produce them that they can produce,2nd if it's to windy they won't work (north sea winter?) 3rd the bay of Aberdeen is busy with shipping from Offshore. Surely if they were serious about this they would stick them 10 miles north in between Aberdeen and Peterhead (another busy shipping port)?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Not got enough information to comment on the efficiency of the wind farms themselves but I think Trump is a fool. I am still unconvinced he is ever going to get the sufficient numbers of Japanese and American tourists shelling out the kind of numbers he wants for a round there to make the prject viable after so much investment. When is it due to break even. What is the long term business plan? Surely the danger is Trump pulling the plug at some point if it doesn't make the numbers and leaving a mega expensive white elephant

Bigfoot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I will happily pay to travel and play at courses with the history and scenery of Nairn or Royal Dornoch but a new course, putting money into Trumps pocket - no thanks.

A wind farm whether efficient or not, is better than putting more pollution into the air. Looks are unimportant compared to that.

shewy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What about the pollution to build the things in the first place? With the uk now having to import gas it makes more sense to build some new nuclear power stations .
all you doubters are missing the point nearly everyone in aberdeen wants this,we want to watch champoinship golf and have a world class course with the facilities to hold it.
How does a course get history if it does not get built in the first place?
There were onlly a few people who sold up and those who did not are still there.Rob it's people like you who stop progress,I suppose your against the bypass as well as that will use CPO'S.

HickoryShaft

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Maybe he is worried that they will indicate wind strength and therefore all competitions will have to declared null and void by the R&A..........

.....I'll get my coat

HughJars

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Trump has to persuade shedloads of rich Americans to pay top whack for 18 holes in frequently miserable weather. Windfarms are the least of his worries.

£120 to play during the week as of this summer and then you can't find your ball because of the mist !

In all honesty, you chaps need to do some research on the prevailing weather conditions in the north-east, because you appear to be pretty ill-informed.

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
In all honesty, you chaps need to do some research on the prevailing weather conditions in the north-east, because you appear to be pretty ill-informed.

Let them get on with it Hugh.....more spare times for me and you......that's if the sun ever comes out and the rain ever stops.:smirk:

HughJars

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
He's totally frootloops
Did you see the programme on the beeb about him trying to kick people out of their houses cos they were in the way of his course?

He didn't try to kick anyone out of their homes, he offered way over market rate, with the addition of cost price replacements from the new executive houses he's building. Farmer Forbes )the ignorant one in the documentary) even shook hands on a deal twice only to renege later on the deal.

Tidied up.

RobC.

Likewise he's destroyed no-ones homes, no houses have been flattened, he made offers to buy two properties, and went to great lenghts to do so.

It's a past issue and long since forgotten (much to Forbes' dismay I imagine, his lottery win has gone forever); but it's extremely amusing to see all the green facists who were so opposed to this course being built, now opposing an environmental measure that Trump is backing.

Should be noted Royal Aberdeen have stated the same objections as Trump, I imagine at some point Murcar will follow suit. If anyone has been to Hoylake, then you can understand Trumps concerns.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

thecraw

As an Aberdonian I'm going to agree with Trump on this one.1st wind turbines are not efficient,it takes more energy to produce them that they can produce,2nd if it's to windy they won't work (north sea winter?) 3rd the bay of Aberdeen is busy with shipping from Offshore. Surely if they were serious about this they would stick them 10 miles north in between Aberdeen and Peterhead (another busy shipping port)?

Actually most of what you have written is total spin and lies. I'd advise you do your own research.

shewy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Mr Craw I work in the energy sector I know how inneficient these are.I am from Aberdeen and I can tell you people who play royal aberdeen and murcar do not want these at all.Also I see ships docked out in the area where the turbines are supposedly going,so there it is.
The only reason Salmond wants so called green energy is for his own popularity,these are an eyesore and an inneficent one at that,not enough wind and no power,to windy and no power.Now if there was a wave power solution I would back that,it's constant and we should be looking into this rather than silly turbines built by companies who are just there to take grants to build them from Europe. I've done my homework on this one.

p.s I just made 100 posts can I sell all my gear now lol!

Yer Maw

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm another for windfarms in the right locations and this is fine by me as to be honest they're out in the sea and hardly Glencoe is it. As for the course, it looks amazing but location counts for a lot as well so not sure how much of a success it will be because of that. The bypass is a long way away yet so travellers willing to pay the premium have a crap journey there and back. But it links in well with the quality of courses in that area.

A1ex

Head Pro
Visit site
Trump should've built a world class course on the South Coast. Somewhere between Southampton/Bournemouth. Near to London, nice weather, good access and even airport.

daymond

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Your children/grand children will not thank us for building 20000 to 30000 wind turbines but no nuclear stations; but enough coal/gas ones standing by to operate when the wind does not blow or blows to hard. Even worse there will be no coal stations ( they are being phased out, an EU directive) . We will be relying on imported gas from countries who might not be as friendly 20/30/40 years hence. In short we have/are sleepwalking into an unmitigated disaster.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
In short, I'd rather play Castle Stuart anyway!

RobC.

Can't comment on Castle Stuart, but agree with everything else.

Unconvinced about Wind Farms in Britain. Land is too expensive/valuable (there is a difference) imo. Nuclear is the only way for the next decade or 3 - until other technologies, including small scale wind or solar, are developed. Britain is well placed for Wave Energy harvesting too, though that's expensive and inefficient at currently (pun intended!).

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.