Do I not like that....

Asian Dawn

Visit site
I get your point, but they can have their place.

My home course has five par 3s, and three of them are over 200 yards (and another is 180). But as it's a short course, those par 3s are its main defence.
At least they are stroke indexes 4, 6 and 7, so us normal mortals get a shot on them. Happy to walk away with a 4 on them any time.

Honiton?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
There's a course over in Solihull with a par3 at just over 100 yards, lovely little hole. Give me that over a 190 yarder any day.
The Hirsel at Coldstream has a par 3 at about 90yds, raised tee. It's the hole everyone remembers when they play there, I love it.

That and your Solihull example are holes that people love to play, not a driver par 3.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
The Hirsel at Coldstream has a par 3 at about 90yds, raised tee. It's the hole everyone remembers when they play there, I love it.

That and your Solihull example are holes that people love to play, not a driver par 3.

This has got me thinking about one I played a while back, 170 yard carry over water. Just put me down for a 5.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
The fourball who all walk up to the first ball and all stand around while the player hits their shot, and then all walk to the second ball and all stand around while the play takes their shot, and then all walk to the third ball....................etc, etc.

The concept of each individual walking to their own ball and getting prepared to play is a totally alien concept to them.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site

We have a 119 yarder and everyone is more than happy to walk off with a par...

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Course closures, buggy bans and buggy route when there is no need for any of them. 6am course inspections that can be nothing more than looking at what it is like round the 18th green.

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
People who don't wait on their tee time. There's 8 minutes between Tee times for a reason. The amount of times I look back and see people hitting 3 or 4 minutes before their time annoys me probably more than it should.

Burnsey

Visit site
How do they protect your woods.
The one thing putting me off these is when they get wet.!

They protect enough in my opinion and I carry. I'm a bit of a condition perfectionist!

Yes, they're not waterproof, but I have a rain cover on the bag if it's that bad. The biggest problem is they develop holes (!). Had it a year and stitched up a couple, but overall I like it.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Rules for the sake of rules. Outdated rules that might have been relevant to something 100 years ago, but somehow live on out of some intangible concept called 'tradition'. Not rules of the game, but rules like; thou must not change thy shoes in the car park, thou must not wear thy hat indoors, thou must wear short white socks or long colourful ones with shorts, thou must tuck one's shirt in, etc etc etc. Rules that have absolutely no basis in modern society, it cannot even be explained why they first existed and yet they endure like a stubborn turd that won't flush.

Singlefiguregokfer

Visit site
Rules for the sake of rules. Outdated rules that might have been relevant to something 100 years ago, but somehow live on out of some intangible concept called 'tradition'. Not rules of the game, but rules like; thou must not change thy shoes in the car park, thou must not wear thy hat indoors, thou must wear short white socks or long colourful ones with shorts, thou must tuck one's shirt in, etc etc etc. Rules that have absolutely no basis in modern society, it cannot even be explained why they first existed and yet they endure like a stubborn turd that won't flush.
I prefer using common sense.

Albo

Visit site
Long par 3's, particularly any over 190yds although 180yds is still pushing it. They are just dull, don't test shorter iron play and are lazy design.
I’m not sure on this one! The club I’ve just joined has 5 par 3s and they range, off the blue tees, between 157 and 138, with the other 3 oddly being 149 - all of them! But with the wind, tee and pin positions, I’ve hit every club from PW to 5i across those holes in 3 rounds. I think a longer par 3 has its place, but just not all of them, if one of those par 3s were 200ish I think that would bring about a different challenge, but I agree if you have too many at these lengths it’s tough.
For me it’s people who book and don’t turn up, it’s so selfish