The Cricket Thread

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Got up earlier so I've stuck the cricket on, I thought I was watching a one dayer game, English batsmen slashing at every ball.
Call me old fashioned but what happened to grinding out a ton over a prolonged period and wearing down the opposition bowlers?

D

Deleted member 3432

Got up earlier so I've stuck the cricket on, I thought I was watching a one dayer game, English batsmen slashing at every ball.
Call me old fashioned but what happened to grinding out a ton over a prolonged period and wearing down the opposition bowlers?

Can't grind it out if the batters don't have any defensive skills.

All about getting some runs before you play all around a straight one....

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
England doing what England do so well. Lose a couple of quick wickets, retreat into their shell and see the runs totally dry up, watch the scoreboard pressure slowly increase……….

It’s only a matter of time.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
There are 3 Test Matches aginst W.Indies starting in March. It would be extremely interesting to name the squad. Who do you think will be going?

D

Deleted member 3432

There are 3 Test Matches aginst W.Indies starting in March. It would be extremely interesting to name the squad. Who do you think will be going?

Joe Root plus a few others, probably similar faces to what we have now.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
At 68-0 I thought we might actually have stood a chance and show some fight and spirit.
Obviously I discounted that the England cricket squad might actually be looking to get a plane back with Novax

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
At 68-0 I thought we might actually have stood a chance and show some fight and spirit.
Obviously I discounted that the England cricket squad might actually be looking to get a plane back with Novax

If it's any consolation you weren't the only one.

I'd say the last two dismissals were pub league standard but the pub leagues would probably have grounds to sue.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Let me put this in some sort of everyday perspective. In the time it has taken me to clean my car, England have lost their last 7 wickets for 30-odd runs. It’s a big car, granted, but come on. I haven’t even hoovered it out, for pity’s sake.

Not even in my worst nightmares did I think, having got off to a decent start at 82-1, that England were capable of such a pathetic showing.

D

Deleted member 3432

Let me put this in some sort of everyday perspective. In the time it has taken me to clean my car, England have lost their last 7 wickets for 30-odd runs. It’s a big car, granted, but come on. I haven’t even hoovered it out, for pity’s sake.

Not even in my worst nightmares did I think, having got off to a decent start at 82-1, that England were capable of such a pathetic showing.

I'm shocked that you're shocked about an England collapse given that it happens every time they bat :rolleyes:

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

They've finished 2 days early, fancy doing mine? :unsure: ;)