Cover up

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
If you were playing a knock-out and at a par 3 you had the honour, would you cover up your clubs with a towel or something similar so your opponent couldn't see what club you were using?

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Tell them nothing, stand on their ball in the rough, kick it further in to the trees, whatever it takes....

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Never crossed my mind and I can't recollect seeing anybody I have ever played with deliberately do this. If they have then it's passed me by

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don't need to do anything, as I have headcovers on each iron, and I always have my rain hood on so they would have to do some serious mooching to see what the club was.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Seriously, would anyone actually bother doing this?

I'm not sure how it would be useful information for my opponent anyway, we're two different people, using different clubs, with different swings.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Given that different manufacturers have different lofts and different shaft lengths, even between models, the information gained is only relevant if you either know the differences or are playing the same make and model of club with the same shaft.

ruff-driver

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Depends if the oppo is using M2 irons, if so he'll need 2.5 clubs less than me :D if which case i'd cover mine with a towel :whoo:

hines57

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
never entered my head to do so. We all hit our clubs different distances anyway, so can't see what help it might be - more of a hindrance :)