Cover up

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Why?

If the information was any use to him (ie he knew what he was doing) he would be able to tell which iron I was playing from the head shape etc anyway - it's not rocket science!

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Part of having the honour is going into the unknown

If someone wants to follow what I do fair enough

From experience it’s more about what not to hit... from casual games and chit chat of course not in a comp.

Usual scenario is playing an unfamiliar course, spying the local has pulled out two clubs more, if we have hit similar clubs all round then they know something I don’t!

gazzadi

Medal Winner
Visit site
Would only consider concealling the iron if it was obvious he felt that it gave him the advantage, and he was attempting to gain the information to create for himself, an advantage.We all hit different clubs different yardages but after 9 holes it should become obvious who is the longer, and by how many clubs, so it may be of advantage later in the round. if the game is close,and even more so if your opponent is playing away.Playing at your home course, against a home member should negate any advantage as both should be aware of the yardages and have played shots from all locations numerous times.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
If you were playing a knock-out and at a par 3 you had the honour, would you cover up your clubs with a towel or something similar so your opponent couldn't see what club you were using?

Are you thinking of inventing a new product to aid amateur golfers with this tricky situation!

;)

Spear-Chucker

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Assuming I'm in a match, this doesn't apply to social stuff, I'll only hide them or half pull out a different one to what I hit if I'm playing with a 'peeker' - it's amusing to mislead them. Normal folks don't give a monkeys and just get on with their game.