Courses you have played this year?

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Toughest - Aberdovey on 'that' Sunday!
Best Greens - St Ann's Old Links
Overall Condition - Formby
Most Enjoyable - Royal Lytham
Overall Best - North Manchester or Wallasey... Huds / Val I like to come back please ;)

Merv_swerve

Challenge Tour Pro
goo.gl
Interesting that you preferred moortown over lindrick and did you not play Alwoodley in the forum meet.

Alwoodley is a miles better course than Moortown IMO.

Hi LQ
yeah, played Alwoodley and honestly wasn't blown away by it. Might just have been the conditioning for early in the year but playing Moortown in August was in excellent nick. Also played Fulford during the year and often talked with others present about top Yorks courses and general opinion was Alwoodley was arguably top, contrary to my opinion.

I just had a blast at Moortown, played ok, enjoyed the layout as it felt like we were constantly going in different directions. Alwoodley just didn't grab me. Perhaps if there's another forum meet there in the future I should give it another go.

I've played Lindrick a few times now (including 3 this year). I think it's a good course, not particularly hard and generally overrated IMO. I think it lives of it's past a bit and it's best asset is conditioning as the membership is so minimal.

Next year need to test myself against Woodhall Spa;)

D

Deleted member 17920

Hi LQ
yeah, played Alwoodley and honestly wasn't blown away by it. Might just have been the conditioning for early in the year but playing Moortown in August was in excellent nick. Also played Fulford during the year and often talked with others present about top Yorks courses and general opinion was Alwoodley was arguably top, contrary to my opinion.

I just had a blast at Moortown, played ok, enjoyed the layout as it felt like we were constantly going in different directions. Alwoodley just didn't grab me. Perhaps if there's another forum meet there in the future I should give it another go.

I've played Lindrick a few times now (including 3 this year). I think it's a good course, not particularly hard and generally overrated IMO. I think it lives of it's past a bit and it's best asset is conditioning as the membership is so minimal.

Next year need to test myself against Woodhall Spa;)
Good reply and a fair view.
alwoodley is a superb course and Defo needs to be played again. Personally I think lindrick is also a better course than (just) but that's always going to divide opinion.

And your welcome for a game at Woodhall next year just send me a pm next year and we can arrange a date and possibly a mini forum meet.