Best Course You Have Played This Year

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hollinwell is highly rated but rather 'up them selves'.... a course to endure rather than one to enjoy..... won't be rushing back for sure. However Hesketh, & Seaton Carew are in a different league IMHO. Seaton has to be the best this year!!!

D-S

Visit site
Els course in Dubai was probably the best conditioned course I’ve ever played (better than Valderama which is really saying something). However we did really enjoy Punta Espada in the Dom Rep, better that the highly rated Teeth of the Dog.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Hollinwell is highly rated but rather 'up them selves'.... a course to endure rather than one to enjoy..... won't be rushing back for sure. However Hesketh, & Seaton Carew are in a different league IMHO. Seaton has to be the best this year!!!

On another board someone also said they were a "bit up themselves. " I was suprised by that and my experience was all good! Couldn't have been nicer.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
mont Chois, simply glorious.

Oddly enough I met another fantastic a guy from Glasgow whilst on me Jols who has a free round voucher for Castle Stewart. That looks gorgeous. Got to try and pull in a couple of dates. It’s up north near the North Pole.

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Hollinwell. Off the charts in every department.

Mind you, my lasagne was a tad overdone!🤣🤣

West Sussex week after next... and chance of that toppling it?
West Sussex hands down the best course I’ve played, this year. Possibly ever. (Though it is the highest “ranked” I’ve ever played so…)

A stunning place to play golf. Teed off just after 9. Back around 12. Could have happily gone straight back out immediately.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I get to play Sunningdale every year, so I'm not going to include it in the equation (although it is the best!).
Laranjal was lovely after a 3 year break from my annual trip to Portugal.
Blackmoor was great with wonderful company.
But I'm going for the New Course at St. Andrews with last year's Captain of the R&A, who also treated me to lunch at the temporary R&A clubhouse and he's promised to treat me to another round and lunch when they reopen that famous clubhouse too!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230707_222752_Photos~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20230707_222752_Photos~2.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20230707_222733_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20230707_222733_Photos.jpg
    713 KB · Views: 3

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not played many this year and no new ones for my list yet. Parkstone last week was probably the best so far. Played there loads over the years and it never disappoints.

sunshine

Visit site
Half way through the year, and I’m doing well. My top 5 so far:

1. El Saler
2. RSG
3. Woodhall Spa
4. El Bosque
5. Seacroft

I know it’s sacrilegious not to have RSG at the top, but El Saler is massively underrated and is possibly my favourite course when you combine the weather, location and course.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have played a few nice courses for the first time this year,
Alwoodley, very nice but i was a bit underwhelmed having played the other courses around there I was expecting something exceptional.
Enville, a very nice mix of heathland mixed with wooded parkland, I would like to play the other course that is more Heathland
Fulford, Really enjoyed this a nice variety of holes.
Hollinwell, A wow course, absolutely loved it from first sight to the last hole, lots of variation of holes, probably my favourite in land course of those i have played

Jason.H

Visit site
On another board someone also said they were a "bit up themselves. " I was suprised by that and my experience was all good! Couldn't have been nicer.
Got to admit I’d never had such a nice welcoming at a pro shop and in the clubhouse and members I played with.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Got to admit I’d never had such a nice welcoming at a pro shop and in the clubhouse and members I played with.

I’ve played it a number of times and tend to agree. Never had anything other than the warmest of welcomes, from pro shop staff to clubhouse staff and the starter. All have always made me feel right at home.

babylonsinger

Visit site
Played my first new course of the year yesterday - a freebie at Machynys. Lovely course and the weather held fair for the majority of the round. Beautiful clubhouse and surroundings - enough to almost make you forget you are in Llanelli

D

Deleted member 1147

I think you have to be very fragile of mind and ego to think that the folks at the "'well" are up themselves. The members and staff have always been very friendly and helpful when I've been