Course you’d most like another ‘crack’ at...

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Just to add......I think it does make a big difference to have 'another crack' at some courses. I wasn't blown away by my first experience at West Lancs. Not overly welcoming, course in Winter was good, but I didn't really get the hype. However, I played it again with Val in an open this Summer and was blown away by how good the course was. Everyone at the club was also very welcoming. Same can be said for a St Annes Old Links. The more you play it, the better it gets.

I'd also like to have another crack at Murcar......just so I don't 6 putt, and I fancy my chances for a good score around there.

Maybe it was the company first time round 😜

I actually enjoyed that first time around West Lancs, the front 9 especially was good and very testing, there was an issue with the 10th being flooded and I thought a couple of holes in back corner lost their way as far as links courses go, but overall I enjoyed it but mainly remember the cold welcome and the kitchen closing after just 1 drink with no further warning!

I need to give St Anne’s Old Links another go also, the weather was crap that day and I wasn’t having a good time of it so it’s easy to cloud your opinion, but other than that little par 3 between the mounds, I can’t remember any other holes!

D

Deleted member 17920

Maybe it was the company first time round 

I actually enjoyed that first time around West Lancs, the front 9 especially was good and very testing, there was an issue with the 10th being flooded and I thought a couple of holes in back corner lost their way as far as links courses go, but overall I enjoyed it but mainly remember the cold welcome and the kitchen closing after just 1 drink with no further warning!

I need to give St Anne’s Old Links another go also, the weather was crap that day and I wasn’t having a good time of it so it’s easy to cloud your opinion, but other than that little par 3 between the mounds, I can’t remember any other holes!
You defo need to go back to SAOL, that time we played it was nothing like how the course really is.

its massively underrated.

D

Deleted member 17920

Without a doubt.
Ive played it 20+ times and that day is only time it's been anything but immaculate.
We just caught it at a bad time.
Agreed, forward tees and work on the greens didn't help, neither did the horizontal rain that day.

Normally the best greens of the year for me.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
You defo need to go back to SAOL, that time we played it was nothing like how the course really is.

its massively underrated.

Without a doubt.
Ive played it 20+ times and that day is only time it's been anything but immaculate.
We just caught it at a bad time.

Agreed, forward tees and work on the greens didn't help, neither did the horizontal rain that day.

Normally the best greens of the year for me.

I’ll await an invite then 😜

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just looked at the opens for next year, all weekdays.

Will see see about a meet during the summer on a weekend.

That would be a good Doo Glyn! Quality courses and a good night out in Lytham.
Those who are feeling brave can finish the night in Blackpool 👊:cheers:

Last edited:

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
That would be a good Doo Glyn! Quality courses and a good night out in Lytham.
Those who are feeling brave can finish the night in Blackpool 👊:cheers:

Sounds good to me other than the Blackpool part ;)

Happy to sign anyone on at my gaff the day before/after if they are travelling a fair way and fancy another knock :thup:

chimpo1

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I cant wait to go back to Burnham and Berrow next year. What a top course!
Would also like to play Sunningdale Old again, from the 1st tee.