cost per round at your club

granters

Q-School Graduate
www.theirvinegolfclub.co.uk
If you divide your membership fee by the amount you've played over the year how much does it cost you for a round of golf at your club?

I was pretty astonished when I worked out that this year it will have cost me approx 40 quid a round for the golf I've played. It's been the busiest year of my life with boy arriving and long hours at work.have only managed 6 medals at my own club,but buffered in 4 of them.

It's really made me think about next year,I could be playing some really nice courses for my 40 quid a round. Several times I've turned up and been greeted with the 1st tee chock a block and no chance of getting on. My last medal was 6 hours, and i finished a tie in darkness after 2 groups waiting on every tee.my problem is that with limited time to play, I just have to turn up and hope. My club has no tee booking system either,and medals are turn up and play too,so it's Russian roulette sometimes getting on for a hit.

Think ill probably leave at the end of the season,40 quid is an awful lot of cash per round.

What's your average?

walshawwhippet

Assistant Pro
Visit site
If i continue to play at my currant rate between once or twice a week, then works out about £8.50/round.
Thats cheaper than the nearest half decent muni: so quite pleased value wise.
I have another local club that would work out cheaper still, so i'll be having a look around in the next couple of weeks to see how they compare.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
My brother joined Ellesmere a few years ago when I think it was a years subs as joining fee. I forget how much the total was but I'm thinking £1500+. He played nine holes that year, now I make that over three grand a round, anyone beat that??? :D

Is thatr my Ellesmere, no joining fee these days. about £800 a year for men.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Based on the last 12 months mine would be around £7.20 per round :D

Never looked at it before so thanks for the question, it certainly helps me justifying to the Mrs more trips to the golf club to get even more value :mmm:

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm about £8 per round at the minute. But if I did the reverse calculation of number of rounds played at the current green fee I would be looking at around £2000 so a bargain at £530 per year.

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
membership inc sports and social is £395, I play 5 times a week in the summer and minimum 2 a week in the winter (if it's open).

I reckon I'm paying about £2.50 per round if that.

Mark_G

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Around £15 a round, just because of work commitments this year, thank goodness thats over, and I will be able to play more in the evenings come the spring and hopefully reduce the costs.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Not played at all since August bank holiday so works out at £18 per round at the moment. Last year it was working out about £11 plus all the use of the practice facilities so definitely getting my money's worth

stevie_r

Tour Winner
Visit site
Probably about £11 a round, which is considerably better than the missus who due to health reasons has paid about £100 a round

T

thecraw

If you divide your membership fee by the amount you've played over the year how much does it cost you for a round of golf at your club?

I was pretty astonished when I worked out that this year it will have cost me approx 40 quid a round for the golf I've played. It's been the busiest year of my life with boy arriving and long hours at work.have only managed 6 medals at my own club,but buffered in 4 of them.

It's really made me think about next year,I could be playing some really nice courses for my 40 quid a round. Several times I've turned up and been greeted with the 1st tee chock a block and no chance of getting on. My last medal was 6 hours, and i finished a tie in darkness after 2 groups waiting on every tee.my problem is that with limited time to play, I just have to turn up and hope. My club has no tee booking system either,and medals are turn up and play too,so it's Russian roulette sometimes getting on for a hit.

Think ill probably leave at the end of the season,40 quid is an awful lot of cash per round.

What's your average?

Big difference is you course is worth £40 a round. Always playable, good tough test of golf and amongst the best greens in Ayrshire. I played with Alan on Monday and the greens were magnificent. A joy to put on, true, firm and fast in October.