cost per round at your club

stevie_r

Tour Winner
Visit site
Big difference is you course is worth £40 a round. Always playable, good tough test of golf and amongst the best greens in Ayrshire. I played with Alan on Monday and the greens were magnificent. A joy to put on, true, firm and fast in October.

Where's that? Bogside? Only hear good things but never played it

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
My 2010/2011 season was probably around £9 a round, when its £45 a round normally I call that good value.

Add on to that money saved from discount driving range tokens, time spend using the practice facilities, money saved in the bar with member discounts I must have saved even more, add onto that I earnt more money in prizes than I spent on entry helps the cause too.

Then you have to subtract all the costs I would not have incurred... I give up and just accept one fact...

Being a member of a club is far better than not, even if the golf costs the same overall!

Whee

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Some of you must have some cracking membership deals, looks like some great value for money.

Mine isn't value for money. About £42 a round this year. With the hike in membership prices next year, i'll be looking at more like £63 for a round if I play the same number of games. Giving some serious consideration to putting the clubs away for a few years. I'm young enough to start again when we move back to Europe.

Dave B

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
With a £650 renewal fee, playing twice a week in the summer, (occasionally 3), and once a week in winter it works out at less than £5 a round. It's not a championship course but it is very challenging even for vey low handicap players. The greens are also very good so it's excellent value for money.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I'm at about £20 a round + comp fees + bar bill - don't mention the bar bill!!

The Mrs used to give me grief about the cost of golf till I told her how much she spends on cigs in a year. Currently, I'm at about £1400, and she's at about £2200.

drutz

Assistant Pro
Visit site
About £6 a round as played every week since I have got my membership and sometimes 2 a week but mainly one s work on that figure. If I paid the price of a round would be £520 a year so my £300 means a great saving.

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ive currently, teed it up 67 times this year at my Home club
Fees at £570
Works out at £8.50 per round :).............and only going to get lower, with 11 wks to go

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Not played at all since August bank holiday so works out at £18 per round at the moment. Last year it was working out about £11 plus all the use of the practice facilities so definitely getting my money's worth

About the same for me, £18\£19 a round which isn't bad round our neck of the woods

T

thecraw

Hopefully I'll be out of stressfull job and back to 37hours a week on wed. Fingers crossed! Landed wi the child tho

Enjoy the wee man Grant, mine were in my arms two minutes ago, one is six nxt month the other is three!!! Time flies by!