Cost of Annual Membership at your Club

How much is Annual Membership at your club?

• Total voters
Visit site
Total adult membership at Minch is 1954, split 1660 men, 294 women. Not sure of the split of Old vs. New.

Ah I see what you based that on. To be honest, although the overall finances are mixed together, they are really two seperate clubs. Only a small minority of New Course members pay the extra to play on the Old. For the New there are just over 1200 playing members, most of which are full 7 day. Then there are juniors and social members who pay nothing like £1200. Nor indeed does the Old course, they pay less than half of the New courses. Plus for whatever reason, they are not facing quite such extreme rises. Hence even for the whole entity the total money would be less. On the other hand, the additional £300k or so for the Minch New is accurate.

Visit site
Minchinhampton now has a reciprocal arrangement with Newport. If Minch has overspent on clubhouse development, come over to Newport to see one that's underspent!!

I think we've got a group playing there in a couple of weeks. I used to live in Cricklade, so played there regularly.

I might well do that! We noticed the reciprocal and they are a nice bit of added value, I've used a couple of the other courses we have on the program and I'll get round to Newport at some point.

Hope your group gets a good welcome and decent weather.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
A full breakdown of this years membership fee for me this year.
  • Subscription - £1,286.00
  • Clubhouse Bar Card - £75.00
  • Golf Union Dues - £14.50
  • RGU Dues - £2.50
  • Locker Charge (Large) - £30.00
We do get some membership benefits though as part of our membership.
In addition to the list below we also get access to James Braid Golf Courses at reduced fees.
ERGC Member benefits.png

Last edited:

sunshine

Visit site
  • RGU Dues - £2.50
In addition to the list below we also get access to James Braid Golf Courses at reduced fees.
View attachment 46677

I like the incentives encouraging members to bring children along.

D-S

Visit site
We offer free junior membership to children or grandchildren of full members. Its revolutionised Junior golf at the club (given the price Juniors pay normally. the cost to the club was not a lot).

JayB

Visit site
We offer free junior membership to children or grandchildren of full members. Its revolutionised Junior golf at the club (given the price Juniors pay normally. the cost to the club was not a lot).
Do you mind me asking what club you're at?

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
  • RGU Dues - £2.50
View attachment 46677
Nice collection of reciprocal courses.

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
Subscriptions for 2023/24 have increased by about 8% on 2022/23. Not massive compared to some, but my club's diary of competitions doesn't really work for me, especially in the winter. There is no sign that anything will change so, as of today, I am clubless for the first time in about ten years.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Subscriptions for 2023/24 have increased by about 8% on 2022/23. Not massive compared to some, but my clubs diary of competitions doesn't really work for me, especially in the winter. There is no sign that anything will change so, as of today, I am clubless for the first time in about ten years.
It wouldn't surprise me if we lose a few....£2k can be a lot to find and will obviously cost more using credit terms...

D

Deleted member 17920

Subscriptions for 2023/24 have increased by about 8% on 2022/23. Not massive compared to some, but my club's diary of competitions doesn't really work for me, especially in the winter. There is no sign that anything will change so, as of today, I am clubless for the first time in about ten years.
Are you looking at joining anywhere else or are you going back to the old place?

tomshanks

Hacker
Visit site
Mine have just gone up by 10% and in the same email they have confirmed that member guest green fees will be reducing. Good to hear we are propping them up!

D

Deleted member 17920

My plan is to join somewhere really cheap to be my nominal home club, and use the money saved to play lots of opens this year. No idea if this plan is actually achievable. Will let you know.
Is Pottergate an option?

stevench

Club Champion
Visit site
My plan is to join somewhere really cheap to be my nominal home club, and use the money saved to play lots of opens this year. No idea if this plan is actually achievable. Will let you know.

I've decided to do the same this year. Leaving my current club and another one local to me charges £50 to be a member. Combination of county card, members guest fees and opens should actually suit me a lot better than feeling like I need to play enough to justify my current membership.