Club Locker

Golfnut1957

Visit site
£40 for ours. It was £25 for years then slowly crept up.

It's a bargain for me as with a bit of effort I can get everything I need in there, bags trolley, shoes, the lot, and as I live within walking distance I only need to take my battery home once every two rounds.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm not aware of any clubs that have enough lockers to allow each member to have one, apart from perhaps the very well heeled clubs dotted around the country.
But to leave a club citing the locker price as a reason is just bonkers.

Griffsters

Hacker
Visit site
I'm sure you jest, but what isn't funny is that some people actually think like that.

They certainly do, they want it 'more exclusive' :rolleyes:, Roughly translated to wanting the course to themselves.

I think about £90 at our club but massively under subscribed IIRC

Cookadoodledoo

Visit site
I'm not aware of any clubs that have enough lockers to allow each member to have one, apart from perhaps the very well heeled clubs dotted around the country.
But to leave a club citing the locker price as a reason is just bonkers.

I think it’s more the 233% increase to a price that’s out of touch. At the same time, the room is freezing cold and often without hot water. If we were paying for some kind of refurbishment, that might make it more palatable. Probably more symptomatic of a more general dissatisfaction and used to prove a point.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think it’s more the 233% increase to a price that’s out of touch. At the same time, the room is freezing cold and often without hot water. If we were paying for some kind of refurbishment, that might make it more palatable. Probably more symptomatic of a more general dissatisfaction and used to prove a point.
But the increase isn't 233%, but 25% over last year (that's what you said).
Are the lockers in the changin room, or a seperate room on their own? If they are alone, why do they need to be heated?

Cookadoodledoo

Visit site
But the increase isn't 233%, but 25% over last year (that's what you said).
Are the lockers in the changin room, or a seperate room on their own? If they are alone, why do they need to be heated?

If you read all my comments, it’s 25% this year (which is huge) and 233% in 4 or 5 years. The lockers are in the changing room, which is freezing. You daren’t leave your shoes in them.

Mandofred

Visit site
I can't remember, I think I paid about £20. Fits a bag plus a couple of shelves at the top. I only keep all the extra crap in it....practice shag bag, plastic box with tees/money/balls etc....it's fairly full of extra stuff that I use once in a while. Gets it out of the car and garage. I was planning on leaving bag etc in the locker.....but anything that is wet doesn't dry. £300 I won't pay. I don't know if I would pay £50. Lockers are all taken. Yearly membership £1200.

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
£300 sounds fair to me, maybe it should be more.

It will ensure that only the wealthiest members can afford one and the poorer members will have to do without, hopefully they'll leave along with their cheap cars and stuff.
Don't forget they also subsidise the rest of the membership! ;)

HPIMG

Visit site
At my place locker is free and a cage they call it, basically just another larger locker for clubs is a one of price of £10

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I believe I paid £15 last year for a bag locker and £15 for the trolly store. Sounds like the OP club does not value its customers and takes the mickie, a premium club that has a freezing changing room where you can’t leave your shoes.
I think I would be looking elsewher.

Last edited:

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
£300, is it a fitted locker. Or bog standard. ??

I wouldn’t bother and would cancel it. If most did surely the club would have a re think. Hundreds of thousands manage without a locker.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
We don’t have any lockers, I guess that at some point we did but that they were removed as part of a refurbishment that was done before I joined. If we had lockers I might have one if they were, say, £25/yr…place to keep my pencil bag; spare pair of shoes; excess balls from my bag; change of shirt and trousers, and some showering toiletries - but £300…not a chance.