Club Locker

Mandofred

Visit site
For people who use lockers, do you not have issues with damp items being in a locker? Whether damp from the course or sweat?
Exactly my problem. When I joined up last Spring I was hoping to leave everything in a locker (and trolley room) and just walk to the course and back. Nothing wet dries in the lockers, very little air movement. Ours could do with a re-do.....if they do I was wondering how hard it would be to hook up the new lockers to the ventilation system or something so that a small breeze moved through the locker. The gym I just joined has about a 3-4 inch air hole in the back of the daily lockers that I am assuming has some air coming out of it to keep things from getting stinky and icky.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
For people who use lockers, do you not have issues with damp items being in a locker? Whether damp from the course or sweat?

At a previous club we (the members) redid the locker room completely. I got the lovely job of emptying out the existing ones where members hadnt before we ripped them out! The state of some had to be seen to be believed. After that I never put anything wet in the locker always dried stuff out or took them home when wet!

Captain_Black.

Visit site

No, not usually an issue.
I don't normally play if I know I'm going to get wet, consequently my stuff isn't normally wet when I put it away.
If I do get caught in the rain & put my stuff away wet, the locker room is pretty warm & so it does tend to dry in the locker.
Also, I do play quite regularly, so if it gets put away wet, it's only for a day or so normally before I get it back out & air it off on the course.
Shoes can be a bit of an issue this time of year though, these I tend to take home to air off if they are very wet.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
No, not usually an issue.
I don't normally play if I know I'm going to get wet, consequently my stuff isn't normally wet when I put it away.
If I do get caught in the rain & put my stuff away wet, the locker room is pretty warm & so it does tend to dry in the locker.
Also, I do play quite regularly, so if it gets put away wet, it's only for a day or so normally before I get it back out & air it off on the course.

Shoes can be a bit of an issue this time of year though, these I tend to take home to air off if they are very wet.
I'm similar to you with respect to the bits in bold.
I do occasionally get caught out though. A few weeks ago after playing in the rain I walked home with my bobble hat on, the bobble hat which had been living in my bag all year. I put in on the radiator in the hall to dry and forgot all about it.
My wife spent a couple of days complaining about an odd smell in the house which she finally tracked down to my hat. She wasn't impressed however the next time I saw it, it was washed dried and smelt lovely, bless her.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
When I had forged blades I'd never put them back in the locker if there was any moisture, as they'd be covered in rust spots next time I used them.
If the clubs and bag are dry no problems at all.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
When I had forged blades I'd never put them back in the locker if there was any moisture, as they'd be covered in rust spots next time I used them.
If the clubs and bag are dry no problems at all.

I have Ping clubs so fairly robust but even if I am only working on the short game I will use a spare towel in my locker to dry the heads but especially the shafts after every session and will dry all the clubs after a round. If it rains I'd rather take the bag and clubs home and find a way to get them back to the club another day if I am working