Club Championship Round Cancelled Mid Round

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We have ours as a Saturday and Sunday with a cut for top 50 (and ties) playing the second day. I think were it to be postponed on the Sunday it would be rescheduled. It is life but if you can't play the alternative date it is tough luck

Swango1980

Visit site
At my last club, club champs was 2 rounds, Saturday and Sunday of same weekend.

A few years back, I was leader after Round 1 by 2 or 3 shots, and had been playing well leading up to the competition. On the Sunday, the weather was atrocious, so the round was abandoned before the leaders even went out. There was nothing documented about how to proceed in that event, and there was only effectively one chap on the Committee there that could make the decision (the Comp Sec) on what to do. I was on the Committee, but stayed away from the chat, as my decision would likely be biased (although it didn't stop the other top 4 or 5 players crowding him, demanding what he should do next)

Decision was made to hold the second round over a month away into the future. As it happens, I didn't play too badly that round, mid 70's. Sadly, one of the up and coming young guys had spent the month having lessons at Woodhall Spa (his dad had ambitions for him to play golf in America at the time), then shot a round in the 60's (course record I believe) and ultimately beat me by a shot (he wasn't even really in contention after Day 1, as he shot an 81 or 82).