Club Locker

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Ours are £40, was 20 when I got it 12 years ago and there was a waiting list for one back then.
Not sure why I keep it, not been in it since the start of lockdown

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I can't remember, I think I paid about £20. Fits a bag plus a couple of shelves at the top. I only keep all the extra crap in it....practice shag bag, plastic box with tees/money/balls etc....it's fairly full of extra stuff that I use once in a while. Gets it
That’s all I use mine for practice stuff.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Ours are free but can only be used on the day. They clear them out overnight as designed to be communal.

JayB

Visit site
Does that matter though?
I always wash my hands every time I use any toilet and if unable to, use my sanitiser gel I carry all the time now:)

Yes I think it matters, irrespective of washing hands or using sanitiser I'd still not touch a flush positioned an inch above the urinal that you can guarantee someone has peed on/over.

I honestly didn't think anywhere would consider that an acceptable solution to flushing urinals.

Back to the subject, my soon to be old club has just increased their prices to £100, I think that's a reasonable price to be honest as I was previously told a 2 year waiting list for lockers, I assume they were so cheap nobody ever gave them up. At least now it may free up a few if not really needed.

Another local club charges £25 for a small locker and £50 for a large locker.

I wouldn't even consider a locker for £300, especially if as the OP has mentioned they aren't all taken. Surely unless they are thinking of removing some of the lockers it makes more sense to rent them all at a lower price than a few at a high price

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Yes I think it matters, irrespective of washing hands or using sanitiser I'd still not touch a flush positioned an inch above the urinal that you can guarantee someone has peed on/over.

I honestly didn't think anywhere would consider that an acceptable solution to flushing urinals.

Back to the subject, my soon to be old club has just increased their prices to £100, I think that's a reasonable price to be honest as I was previously told a 2 year waiting list for lockers, I assume they were so cheap nobody ever gave them up. At least now it may free up a few if not really needed.

Another local club charges £25 for a small locker and £50 for a large locker.

I wouldn't even consider a locker for £300, especially if as the OP has mentioned they aren't all taken. Surely unless they are thinking of removing some of the lockers it makes more sense to rent them all at a lower price than a few at a high price

Plenty loos in the US have a manual flush.
No different to peeing into a toilet bowl.

On the original question, £100 is far too much for a locker, especially at a members club.

fenwayrich

Assistant Pro
Visit site
£50 locker rental, very old lockers that only take a decent size bag if you force it in. No room for anything else unless it's perched on top of the bag. £25 small shoe locker. £50 for trolley rental in a nearby shed. Plenty of lockers available. Our 7 day membership is £1300

£300 seems over the top to me.

JayB

Visit site
Plenty loos in the US have a manual flush.
No different to peeing into a toilet bowl.

On the original question, £100 is far too much for a locker, especially at a members club.

I'm not and the picture wasn't taken in the US so this argument is irrelevant IMHO.

Unless your flush is an inch away from the bowl, it's nothing like peeing into a toilet bowl. I'm not against manual flushes, just the stupid position of the one in the photo.

Anyway, this is the last word from me on the subject, before you know it we'll be talking about sock lengths and colours.

(y)

RichA

Visit site
I'm not and the picture wasn't taken in the US so this argument is irrelevant IMHO.

Unless your flush is an inch away from the bowl, it's nothing like peeing into a toilet bowl. I'm not against manual flushes, just the stupid position of the one in the photo.

Anyway, this is the last word from me on the subject, before you know it we'll be talking about sock lengths and colours.

(y)
If you're using a urinal you should be more worried about the mist of urine spraying back over your trousers and shoes, which won't be washed immediately after. If nobody uses the flush, it won't just be your own either. Your hands will be the cleanest bit of you after you wash 'em.
Much more hygienic to pick a quiet spot somewhere in the 200 acres of nature outside the building.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
No idea how much they are at ours, can't imagine ever needing one.

£300 is hilarious. ? I'd expect them just to all be empty at that price.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
For clarity, ours were £90. They hold a bag, shoes and maybe a few other bits and bobs. They were £90pa only around 5 years ago. Now it’s £300pa. At the same time, there’s no heating and not always hot water. And we are a relatively premium club (£2k fees for 7 day members). Hope this gives some context as to why I ask. It would be helpful if you would be happy to name your course, but obviously no problem if not.

Would be a good idea to give an approx region of the country to build a better view. Fees of £2k sound high but around the south east £2k doesn’t buy you a lot with most 7 days starting at £1500.

My last club was £50 for a full size locker that would take a full trolley bag, few spare sticks, shoes etc. They were all taken with a waiting list.

Captain_Black.

Visit site
Been at my club about 8 years.
Our lockers which take a full size bag + a few odd clubs & a smaller one above for waterproofs & shoes were always £35 - £40 per year.
Now after a locker room refurb, they have put the up to £100 per year.
So more than 100% increase in one go.
I'm debating whether to hand mine back in.
It is very handy to have, but tbh I'm not sure if it's value for money at that price.

But, as for the OP saying his are £300 per year, that is outrageous, how can that possibly be justified?

phils226

Medal Winner
Visit site
Midlands based and ours are £35. Their very smart but too small for a clubs or any bag. Very useful though to keep spare clothing, shoes, gloves, a towel and shower items.