Club champs and honours board comps

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Who has had there club champs and how did you do.

Anyone got their name on an honours board comp this year.

My club champs is in 2 weeks but my form will have to seriously improve before then.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Club Champs were in June. Two rounds, one Saturday and one Sunday. I kicked things off by registering my worst round on any course in two years on the Saturday. Only bettered it slightly on Sunday. Finished very near to the bottom.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
End of October for me, I have no hope... but its still a whole lot of fun and debauchery (well maybe just the drinking part of that)

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Our club champs are 36 holes, with afternoon 18 out via morning results.
I don’t bother as 36 holes in a day is beyond my back.

Have my name on the honours boards though through winning other comps:)

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
at my previous club I won our club champs ,all be it the h/cap version ,I shot a nett 62 off 16.
I was only four off tying the scratch.
also won the pairs so have my name on that board too.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Got my name on as club champion three times and also for Mens Singles and Mens Pairs. Always take a look when I am in the clubhouse. They canna take it away from me now :)

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had ours first week of August, with 4 qualifying rounds in May and June to qualify. Just wanted to qualify for the matchplay portion as it is the first year at a new club, so thought that was a realistic goal. Managed to do that comfortably. So then I was just playing freely from there and managed to get to the final of the C class, got beat 3 and 1 over 36 holes so can't complain. Was an even match throughout the final. Hope to get down enough to qualify for the B class next year is my goal.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
1st and 2nd September (with cut after round 1).

Last year - think I was 8th (Nett) in handicap Champs and 11th (Gross) - in the Club Champs

Will be doing well to improve on that but I'll have a go.

Not made an impression on an honours board this season.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think the OP was asking about success (or otherwise) this year :)

Our club championship was a couple weeks back - 36 holes played in one day. It's played in two divisions. You have to be off 9 or better to play in the main event - ie "the Cup" . Numpties like me (10-20) play in the secondary "Trophy". As the worst player (ie highest hc) in a field playing off scratch event, inevitably l came in close to the bottom of the pile. The overall champ won with a level par score.

And in h/c board events, l haven't had a sniff ....

D

Deleted member 1147

We had ours a while ago.
I played crap and came 8th

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I am baffled by this. Some clubs have multiple champions? Handicaps? Divisions? Its rubbish.

The club championship has to be a scratch tournament, to identify the best golfer.

Ours is 36 hole medal, followed by a top 16 matchplay, all off scratch.

I have not entered it this year, but I normally do. There is a prize for the best 36 hole score which is handicapped, but the winner is very definitely not the club champion.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I am baffled by this. Some clubs have multiple champions? Handicaps? Divisions? Its rubbish.

The club championship has to be a scratch tournament, to identify the best golfer.

I have not entered it this year, but I normally do. There is a prize for the best 36 hole score which is handicapped, but the winner is very definitely not the club champion.
Our Club Champs is two rounds, there are prizes for the best gross, which is the one all the top players are after of course, and also a prizes for best net h'caps 1-14, and best net h'caps 15-28 (so divisions 1 and 2 effectively). There is no additional match play element though. It's just over one weekend.

D

Deleted member 16999

I agree with your sentiments about divisions handicap etc, but surely your Champion Golfer should be over a Medal Comp, I don’t understand the further 2nd Match Play Comp.

D

Deleted member 16999

We have ours in one day over 36 holes, couldn’t enter this year due to family situation.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Won the club championship scratch 71/69.at my former club plus 8 board comps.
Won 2 board comps at my new club both 36 holes.
Total of 11 board comps not to bad.

Funny but I Have hardly won much else few opens but always seem to do well in The majors.

D

Deleted member 1147

We run the Club Championship (gross) and a net club championship along side each other.

Last year I came 2nd in the gross and won the net. I'm more proud of my 2nd place in the gross.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I am senior club champ this year could have won it in previous years (first round leader on several occasions) but I have unable to play 36 holes in a day since about 1984 and neither have I been able play on two consecutive days for quite a few years.

Our club champs were postponed this year due it clashing with football World Cup.

I have never entered for either the scratch or the handicap because they have away been 36 holes in a day. This year we are trialling something new - Scratch 36 holes in a day, handicap 18 on two different days