Club champs and honours board comps

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Just read in newsletter that we have over 160 entries for our Mens Club Champs (cut to 60 plus ties for the 2nd round). I'm going to have to be good to get anywhere in that lot.

D

Deleted member 16999

Whether or not they were eligible or not was not the issue at this club - it was the actions of the captain to change things just to suit his own son that really wound up most of the membership from what I had heard.
Ours can only be changed by a vote, sad if he’s ignored his members.

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Wouldn’t play in ours even if I get down to 5. We had 15 entries. Unless your scratch or less you don’t have a chance. Most opt for the medal on the alternate course.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
So we had our club champs on Sunday two comps rolled into 36 holes,scratch and nett.

Lately i have not been great although its been silly mistakes and my driving thats stopped me scoring well.
I went up the driving range the Thursday before just to see if i could sort the driving out and i found the answer
so was quite confident i was going to drive the ball better.

Anyway i was leading the scratch after round 1 with a 73/66 and followed up with a 75/68 so 148 total.

An away player off 4 had a 74 first round and a 73 for 147 but did not count in the club champs.
One of my playing partners off 8 had a 78 and then a 70 to pip me on countback.
Very pleased with the way i played overall but chucked in 3 doubles 2 in the first round 1 in the second.
My playing partner putted unbelievable in the 2nd round holing out from everywhere.

A small cut of .5 puts me down to 6.2 cant fathom how i went down .5 either.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ours was in July 36 holes in a day (our men split it over 2 days) I came 2nd. I won it last year, which is something I never expected to do