Christmas Day Golf

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Tomorrow will be my last game until Tuesday, however having just checked the email we were sent it would appear that not only will the locker room be open on the 25th but if I did choose to play I could have a beer afterwards, at least at lunchtime as the bar will be open 11:00 until 14:30.
Bizarrely the clubhouse is closed Boxing Day, and also New Year's Day, although the course will be available for play throughout.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I think a few play at Nairn on Christmas Day, especially the 9 hole.
If I lived in the town I might be tempted to play a few holes while dinner is being cooked, but it's too far to travel for just a few holes. When I was a member at Torvean years ago I played a couple of times with a mate who would literally play or hit balls every day of the year. New years day comps are pretty popular, not for me though always had to much to drink to even contemplate driver that day

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Ours is open by the looks of the booking system, nobody booked in though. I think if I was single and didn’t have kids I’d play in the morning, would be a great way to start the day, rest for eating and drinking myself silly. But alas, I’m married with kids and would much rather spend the time with them.

I’m playing this afternoon and will also get a round in next week as well as next Saturday, hopefully using my new putter and wearing some new golf clobber, if Santa received my letter!

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm assuming our course is open (although most likely 'unprepared') - the clubhouse is, as they are serving Christmas lunch. Which is a first - course & clubhouse usually closed. However, Mrs B might have a few words if I contemplate anything ...

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
chatting to our site manager yesterday and the bar etc will be closed on the big day and they'll take the flags in (or the local scrotes might nick them) but the gates will be open so we can play if we want.

I am due out Xmas Eve and might sneak out early boxing day plus i have a round on 27th

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ours is open by the looks of the booking system, nobody booked in though. I think if I was single and didn’t have kids I’d play in the morning, would be a great way to start the day, rest for eating and drinking myself silly. But alas, I’m married with kids and would much rather spend the time with them.

I’m playing this afternoon and will also get a round in next week as well as next Saturday, hopefully using my new putter and wearing some new golf clobber, if Santa received my letter!
Santa receives all letters.
It just depends how good you have been.;)

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Our course is closed on Christmas day and the Tee sheet is blocked out. The gates will be locked.

We had a period when we closed on New Years day as well.

When we had the course open for New Years Day but nothing else complaints were made about there being no toilet facilities open so the easy answer was to close the course as well.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Pretty sure our club is closed. I'd never have the chance to even consider it anyway, always got a family meal on.
I was wrong as it turns out. Just saw this on the communication email:
"A final reminder that if you intend on playing golf Christmas or Boxing Day please remove your clubs and shoes from the locker rooms before 2pm"

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
The course next to me opens the gates and lets anyone play free as they quite rightly don’t want their staff having to work.

Sadly I can’t nip on as I do the dinner.

Smokey Lomcevak

Visit site
My course open, but all facilities closed. All my family 400 miles away in Scotland, but I have been shafted by employer and need to stay around Surrey.

I plan to play in the morning. Fully expect to go out alone as most folk will have better things to do. I’d only be going for a walk anyway, so nah as well have a hit.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
My course open, but all facilities closed. All my family 400 miles away in Scotland, but I have been shafted by employer and need to stay around Surrey.

I plan to play in the morning. Fully expect to go out alone as most folk will have better things to do. I’d only be going for a walk anyway, so nah as well have a hit.
Have the best day you can, under the circumstances(y)