Christmas Day Golf (& Boxing Day)

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Due to the amount of rain our course is closed on both the 25th and 26th. If open I may have played on the 26th.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Course was closed today due to the wet weather and we don’t encourage members playing when the club is officially closed, as it will be tomorrow, it’s at your own risk but is frowned upon.

More rain forecast Thursday so unlikely to be open for a few days as it’s getting no time to recover, so I’m off to Woodhall on Friday, Sunday & Monday, that’ll keep me going for a while ?️?

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Sharpley Golf course in the north east said they were closed but were leaving the gates open today for anyone who fancied a round free of charge. Quite a nice Christmas touch I thought.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Nope and with no intention of playing either. I know everyone is keen but the courses are taking a battering. Local to me most courses have been closed, but we are still taking green fees.

I’ll hit one of the ranges just for a change of scenery, but if I want to walk in deep mud I’ll put my wellies on and hit the walking trails on the downs

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played the old course at Leckford yesterday with my old man. Cracking morning, absolutely still with bright sunshine. Course was in very good condition as well bearing in mind all the recent rain.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Been out for the first time in ages today, played up at Vistabella which is about ten minutes from our gaff.
Nice four-ball with my brother, a mate off our urbanisation, and my 9 year old son. Played steady, the highlight of the day was a purple run for the lad on the back nine where he made a few bogeys and pars, and nearly birdied a 160 yard par 3.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We were fully open today. Given the heavy rain and win all day there were very few out when I wandered up at lunchtime. Can't see it being fully open tomorrow but much drier so looking forward to playing and practicing