Christmas Day Golf (& Boxing Day)

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Don't we usually have a thread for who's getting out and about for a round of golf on Christmas Day? Maybe I've missed it but if not here it is...

Where/when you playing?

I have a 07:30 tee time booked for the local course at MC Le Golf on Christmas day. Just going out with a mate for 18 before a normal lunch etc at the beach club. Forecast is for about 33°, extreme on the UV index & 70% humidity, so it's gonna be hot
Then the next game will probably be this weekend (I hope)

If you're getting out to play I hope you have a good game & the weather is kind to you (y)

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Due to lack of any family commitments this year (long story don’t ask ?)...

I am going to have a solo knock tomorrow. More to get me out the house than anything.

Nice to tick off playing on Christmas Day though.

weather appears to be ok and bright at least.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Boxing day used to be a club Texas Scramble, 9 holes. Great fun, brilliant atmosphere. My current club doesn't do anything, isn't interested, which is a real shame.

I wont be playing on either day this year, enjoy for those who are.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Last year me and dad played golf on boxing day for the first time. We will continue the tradition this year.

He got his first stableford win over me last year, he's desperate to beat me on net score this time. It better not happen!

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
Our course is available for play on Christmas Day but not something I have ever done, I will play in our International Match (England V Ireland V Scotland V ROW) on Friday

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Back has packed in since sunday. Carpet putting will be the height of it unless there is a dramatic change between now and boxing day.

Last edited:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Never played Xmas day or Boxing day - way too much stuff going on.
Sadly I don't look like getting out until next Monday or Tuesday

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Our course is usually closed Christmas and Boxing Day.

Nine open today so I'll probably nip out this afternoon for my first bit of golf in a few weeks.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
I might go up on boxing day for a knock about mostly to just do something rather than sitting about doing nothing in the house, I was going to go up today but looks a bit to wet

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There are two days of the year when we know our course will be closed-

Christmas Day and New Years Day.

Both are days off for all the staff and because there are no staff the club is officially closed on Health & Safety and legal grounds. Probably still get quite a few who jumps the gates though on New Years Day.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Would never dream of playing on Christmas day (or even suggesting it) but will be there on Boxing day. we are currently down to 15 holes so might see what the course status is and either play nine or do a couple of hours on my short game and putting. For me Boxing day is about just stretching the legs and getting some fresh air. Playing Friday and then every day until I go back on Jan 6th (weather permitting)