Christmas Day Golf

Golfnut1957

Visit site
I have just had a look at the booking system, and while there are a few out on Christmas Eve and a few more on Boxing Day, nobody has booked a slot for Christmas Day itself. This seems a shame as they would have the whole of the course to themselves.

Anyone knows of anybody who is planning to play on Christmas Day? Either a cheeky 9 holes while dinner is being prepared or the full ba humbug 18 and a pub after.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Not going to be home on Xmas morning but if I was, bearing in mind the rest ofnthe household will struggle to be up by 11, I'd be on the tee at 8
Clubhouse facilities other than changing rooms are shut and the greens won't be cut but the course is there..ready to be used.
I suspect there will be quite a few up there.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Pretty sure our club is closed. I'd never have the chance to even consider it anyway, always got a family meal on.

Our's is closed on Christmas Day and Boxing Day, so it'll be crawling with dog walkers trying to walk off some of that Christmas pud :ROFLMAO:

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Playing an 18 hole comp Xmas eve, nice 33 degrees.....out here in OZ,
Xmas day starts with the beach in the morning for the wife (Suffolk girl) a bit of a tradition,
go down with a bottle of bubbly and then back home for BBQ

Similar xmas day for me, 10km walk along the beach finished off with bloody mary's and a wee swim then home for breakfast

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just looked at our BRS. There are five slots booked during the morning. Usual suspects that play almost every day anyway.

AAC

Visit site
I don't play myself on Christmas Day but our course is open, I know a few people going out inc a friend who plays 9 holes with his wife & daughter before going home for lunch.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
I'd get into trouble for playing on Xmas Day, although I would prefer it to sitting in doors all day.

I am sure when they say course is closed they mean clubhouse and pro shop. Unless they lock the gates, the course is still there!!

Playing Xmas even and Boxing Day...... if the weather doesn't get in the way.