Castle Tees

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
Ah well. Something else to add to the ever increasing list of things that one should not be seen with at a forum meet.

At this rate, I might as well not go for fear of being picked up on my poor choices!

For the noobs on here. The list includes.

Shorts.
Black shoes and shorts.
White shorts or trousers.
Thongs!!!!!!
(In fact I might just change into this lot in the car-park!!)
Buggies.
Powered trollies if you're under 45 / 50.
Black golf gloves.
Tour bags.
GoKarts.
14 clubs all from the same brand, particularly if it's one of the high end brands. Ping, Mizzy, etc.
Pings if under 50.
Any make of 'rock' ball.
Anything with 'tour' in the name.
Scorecard holders.
Iphone golf GPS app.
Laser DMD if above 10 h'cap.
Anyone over 18 h'cap using Pro V's.
Any 'box' set of clubs from Argos.
Anything other than a standard wooden tee. Inc. Castle tees, low friction tees etc.
Any clubs by Jack Nicklaus from AG.
Make sure that you don't drive 300 yards, ever.
Using a LW from 2 foot off the green.
You don't have a mate called Retief, or use expensive Japanese irons.

This is not an exhaustive list, and I'm sure I've missed a few.

But the temptation to turn up with this lot is over-whelming. :D

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ah well. Something else to add to the ever increasing list of things that one should not be seen with at a forum meet.

At this rate, I might as well not go for fear of being picked up on my poor choices!

For the noobs on here. The list includes.

Shorts.
Black shoes and shorts.
White shorts or trousers.
Thongs!!!!!!
(In fact I might just change into this lot in the car-park!!)
Buggies.
Powered trollies if you're under 45 / 50.
Black golf gloves.
Tour bags.
GoKarts.
14 clubs all from the same brand, particularly if it's one of the high end brands. Ping, Mizzy, etc.
Pings if under 50.
Any make of 'rock' ball.
Anything with 'tour' in the name.
Scorecard holders.
Iphone golf GPS app.
Laser DMD if above 10 h'cap.
Anyone over 18 h'cap using Pro V's.
Any 'box' set of clubs from Argos.
Anything other than a standard wooden tee. Inc. Castle tees, low friction tees etc.
Any clubs by Jack Nicklaus from AG.
Make sure that you don't drive 300 yards, ever.
Using a LW from 2 foot off the green.
You don't have a mate called Retief, or use expensive Japanese irons.

This is not an exhaustive list, and I'm sure I've missed a few.

But the temptation to turn up with this lot is over-whelming. :D

You forgot Chippers, Belly Putters and Hybrids if Brendy is present.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
PS.

The Purple Tesco ones are utter rubbish. I can make a plastic tee last a whole season.

I broke all the Purple ones within a matter of weeks.

HickoryShaft

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I am loving the fact that my use of castle tees may upset people - I have the full set in my pocket Grey's pink's blue's red's orange's white's - lol.

My regular playing partner can always be heard chuntering about his wooden tees snapping - it is meant to be fun FFS

Us 'Castlers' (new group term for people who tee off with plastic castle tees - trademark applied for) should start a thread on which colour to use for each situation, wind direction , strength etc :p :p.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I normally use wooden tees, but during the winter when the ground was frozen I had to borrow plastic castle ones as they were the only ones we could get in the ground.

Pink were too short for me :eek: and I ended up using grey (or silver?)

Just as an afterthought, if somebody wanted to be really really picky and a stickler for the rules, you could get pulled up for using the tees tied together with string because they could be used as an alignment aid in the same way that an iPhone can be used as a compass. ;)

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
I normally use wooden tees, but during the winter when the ground was frozen I had to borrow plastic castle ones as they were the only ones we could get in the ground.

Pink were too short for me :eek: and I ended up using grey (or silver?)

Just as an afterthought, if somebody wanted to be really really picky and a stickler for the rules, you could get pulled up for using the tees tied together with string because they could be used as an alignment aid in the same way that an iPhone can be used as a compass. ;)

I just carried a four inch nail to make a hole for a man's tee :p

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I have always used pink for driver and red for my 3 wood, just one less thing to think about for me.

I have switched to bamboo though, got mine from this place....

D

Deleted member 1147

I like a pink castle tee.
It's the right height for my driver swing, is consistently correct and they rarely break.
One day I may even buy some

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not so.
Two tees tied together have always been approved by the R&A
A tee connected to a pitch mark repair tool or other weight or anchor by a length of cord or string is not. It would be regarded as non-conforming as it could be used to aid alignment.
The distinction between the two configurations is purely on ‘traditional’ grounds.
Relatively recently the USGA adopted the interpretation of the R&A (in an effort to eliminate differences to ensure a common set of Rules and interpretations).

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
Orange user, wooden tees last one shot these days. quality control and build is poor. save the 1p's look after the £'s (no idea :ROFLMAO:)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Pink castle tee gives you the perfect height for driver every time. I've no idea what's not to like about that. Some of the replies in this thread were pathetic - of course they were 12 years ago but I'm sure nothing has changed for some people. Not liking a tee because of some random homophobia or sexism relating to the colour pink?? How bizarre. I'm not sure what kind of upbringing you have to have to be afraid of a colour.