Castle Tees

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
How many castle tees do people carry for different shots?
I'm only able to tee up on the tee personally.
Par 4's and 5's I'm invariably using a driver which I play off the same height.
So I only carry orange castle tees for this and use random lower tees that I find for par 3's

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I prefer bamboo tees for driver (although I’m sure there’s no performance +/- V’s a pinkie) but I like the easy height of a castle

I sharpied a bunch of plain bamboo at the height of a castle the other week (to give me something interesting to do while watching a mia baker vid) and they’re kinda working fine

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I use white castle tees for my drives as they sit at a height that suits me best. They may not be biodegradable but I hardly break any and so they last me for ages. I can't remember when I last bought a packet of them. For short holes, I use a discarded broken wooden tee from the tee bin.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I can't remember seeing any good player, amateur (scratch or better) or pro who used them except maybe Snelly.

I remember switching to them when I played normal tees

Pros get beautiful courses, well maintained

Amount of tees I used to snap trying to push into the ground to the correct height .. say in the winter on frozen ish ground or summer in baked ground at some courses I played

Pink castle, well built. Perfect height and only a tiny bit goes in ground so never struggle

Also don't struggle to balance on winter mats

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
How many castle tees do people carry for different shots?
I use pinks for 95% of drives, but I occasionally use a white one (which is one lower) when playing into wind or with a left to right wind, as I can hit it a bit lower and keep it out of the wind a little bit.

For every other club I just use regular short tees, since I don't tee any other club up more than half a centimetre. Usually just a few mm or a fraction higher for 5 wood perhaps.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I use pinks for 95% of drives, but I occasionally use a white one (which is one lower) when playing into wind or with a left to right wind, as I can hit it a bit lower and keep it out of the wind a little bit.

For every other club I just use regular short tees, since I don't tee any other club up more than half a centimetre. Usually just a few mm or a fraction higher for 5 wood perhaps.

Red castle tee consistent height plus one length hybrids = ? 🤣

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Orange castle tee off mats when wood ones won’t go in far enough. Grass is a 70 mm wooden tee every time. For an iron it just goes in the ground a bit deeper. Not hard to gauge the right height.

Alan Clifford

Visit site
Not so.
Two tees tied together have always been approved by the R&A
A tee connected to a pitch mark repair tool or other weight or anchor by a length of cord or string is not. It would be regarded as non-conforming as it could be used to aid alignment.
The distinction between the two configurations is purely on ‘traditional’ grounds.
Relatively recently the USGA adopted the interpretation of the R&A (in an effort to eliminate differences to ensure a common set of Rules and interpretations).
This rule always makes me laugh. Two tees tied together is OK but a tee with the same string tied to a weight is not OK as the string is an alignment aid. IT'S THE SAME PIECE OF STRING!!!

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
This rule always makes me laugh. Two tees tied together is OK but a tee with the same string tied to a weight is not OK as the string is an alignment aid. IT'S THE SAME PIECE OF STRING!!!
Indeed. And if the string connecting two tees is actually used to aid alignment it carries the same penalty.

sunshine

Visit site
I was told many years ago that plastic tees aren't very good for your clubs. Wooden tees are better as they give way

There’s some real rubbish posted on this thread by some very insecure people. But this comment is my favourite 🤣 have any of you damaged your driver from a pink castle tee?

JamieKB

Visit site
Is there a pro on the circuit who uses them or is it an entirely amateur / social golfer thing? I can't remember seeing one on the tv.
I read this comment and signed up just to tell you that Robert Rock was using pink the ones at this years Sunningdale Foursomes 😂

I bought some bamboo pink sized ones so that they're less obviousl, saves a lot of hassle working out tee heights as ridiculous as that sounds!