Castle Tees

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I can just imagine the laughing and derisory comments already if I turned up to a scratch game or county event and put down a pink castle tee. I'm sorry but no way , each to their own but come on ....pink ffs , I find them occasionally by the sides of the tees so I just pick them up and throw them over to the ladies tee where they belong ;)

Is the right answer...

S

Snelly

I can just imagine the laughing and derisory comments already if I turned up to a scratch game or county event and put down a pink castle tee. I'm sorry but no way , each to their own but come on ....pink ffs , I find them occasionally by the sides of the tees so I just pick them up and throw them over to the ladies tee where they belong ;)

Is the right answer...

I can't for the life of me understand why. What difference does it make? It is just a bit of wood or plastic that raises the ball to a height that you prefer.

I have played plenty of times in scratch games and no-one has ever had a conversation with me about tee choice.

All this tee snobbery is news to me! :D I never knew it existed!

A

Alex1975

Is the right answer...

I can't for the life of me understand why. What difference does it make? It is just a bit of wood or plastic that raises the ball to a height that you prefer.

I have played plenty of times in scratch games and no-one has ever had a conversation with me about tee choice.

All this tee snobbery is news to me! :D I never knew it existed!

hehe I was shocked too but at the end of the day we did take time out of our lives to enter a post about tee pegs so we have whatever is coming to us!!! :D :D :D

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I just can't stand plastic tees, don't know why, just can't stand the damn things. I'm sure there's nothing wrong with them, and I'm sure castle tees are of some benefit, but you won't catch me using them - just my opinion mind

keithmiller47

Visit site
i use the pink tees as they give me the same hight always plus i do not see anything wrong in using castle tees it is up to the individual what they use. :)

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
I use white castle tees for my driver and always have. If I want to hit the ball a bit lower then I will either push the castle tee further into the ground or use a 3 wood.

Careful adjustment of height to cater specifically for wind direction sounds too advanced for me. I am not that good to be able to control trajectory to a level of accuracy that demands this and tend to focus on hitting a drive hard and straight-ish rather than a pre-planned flightpath.

Snelly, I do like the style of your posts. No airs 'n graces and you say it like it is with a no nonsense approach. :cool:

Post of the week for me. :)

Golfmmad.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Not a fan of castle tees although I agree that the pink ones seem to be something of a trend at our place as well as other clubs by the sound of it. I prefer a traditional wooden one and just use a broken tee from the tee marker on the par 3's. I bought a box of 500 long wooden one off the net a few years back and still got loads and loads left. I never have any issues with inconsitant height for the ball off the tee with my driver with the wooden tee

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I use pink castle tees for driving (OK do use the purple Tesco ones as well) red ones for irons and some white ones I bought in Decathlon for my woods. Same height every time gives me confidence over my tee shot and if I sky one then I know it is not because I teed it up too high and if I thin one then it is not because I teed it up too low. There are enough inconsistencies in my game so I may as well have one thing that stays the same throughout the round. I have been pretty happy with my tee shots so no plans to change.

D

Deleted member 1740

Pink or any other coloured castle tees are for seniors and women. :rolleyes: