Captain gift

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I'm surprised at the love for cuff links. It must be 5 yrs plus since I've worn a shirt that needs them, could be longer. Are you lovers of them going to endless black tie events or are you wearing them for work?

I use to wear loads of shirts and ties to work and so have accumulated loads over the years and funny enough I was toying with the idea of getting some new shirts for 2020 and starting to wear them to work with the cufflinks for no other reason than I can

sunshine

Visit site
I'm surprised at the love for cuff links. It must be 5 yrs plus since I've worn a shirt that needs them, could be longer. Are you lovers of them going to endless black tie events or are you wearing them for work?

What a strange comment.

Surely it depends on what clothes he wears, quite possible he wears cufflinks every day. Typically I wear cufflinks 4 times a week.

Personally I think cufflinks are a good idea. He will keep them forever and will think of you every time he puts them on. Just make sure they are subtle and classic. Other long lasting gifts like pitch mark repairers are good ideas too.

Wouldn't go for balls or other items that will be used and lost, think it's good to have a permanent memento.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
What a strange comment.

Surely it depends on what clothes he wears, quite possible he wears cufflinks every day. Typically I wear cufflinks 4 times a week.

Personally I think cufflinks are a good idea. He will keep them forever and will think of you every time he puts them on. Just make sure they are subtle and classic. Other long lasting gifts like pitch mark repairers are good ideas too.

Wouldn't go for balls or other items that will be used and lost, think it's good to have a permanent memento.
Not really strange, just an opinion. I don't come across anyone in the workplace now who even wears a tie, never mind a dress shirt requiring cuff links. As I don't see anyone wearing this type of item I raised a question mark over it as it could be a wasted present. I think they are a nice item, if you are someone who wears them then great. I just highlighted that for some they will be a present that will sit in a draw gathering dust.

sunshine

Visit site
Not really strange, just an opinion. I don't come across anyone in the workplace now who even wears a tie, never mind a dress shirt requiring cuff links. As I don't see anyone wearing this type of item I raised a question mark over it as it could be a wasted present. I think they are a nice item, if you are someone who wears them then great. I just highlighted that for some they will be a present that will sit in a draw gathering dust.

Sorry it just came across (to me) that you thought nobody wears cufflinks any more, when I'm sitting in an office right now and pretty much everyone around me (well the men) are wearing cufflinks!