BOOM

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Which surely shows his consistency throughout the season? Brooks had a great season but over the course of it Rose amassed more money and points which points to greater consistency -which the FedEx was designed to reward.

Other players had the same opportunity to perform well for additional points.

The Fed Ex was designed to find the most consistent player throughout the year - was it the “best” player - well that all depends on the criteria but the winner of the Fed Ex is normally the guy who has been the most consistent throughout the year - Rose this year has which is reflective with the Fed Ex win and getting to Number 1 in the World. Koepka has had a stellar year and managed to peak during two majors - just unreal and he was also rewarded for that. All three ( Rose , Molinari and Koepka ) had seasons to be proud off - if you ask 99.9 % of golfers they would pick either Koepka’s or Molinari season if they had the choice - most players still prefer majors over £10mil and I suspect Rose would happily swap the £10mil for another Major

If the FEC was designed to find the most consistent player, they wouldn't have double points in the final events. Every event would have status equivalent with the prize money.

They have messed about with the format on this to try and get a close finish.

Remember one of the rules is that if you go into the final event in the top 5 you win the Fed Ex Cup with a win in the Tour Championship. So effectively someone could win every single tour event they entered and be hundreds of points ahead then the 5th placed player wins the final event and gets the $10M.

Not knocking Rose, I'm a big fan and he is very consistent and had a lot of top finishes - but like I said, he would swap Kopeka's PGA tour season for his (and the money) in a minute.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
If the FEC was designed to find the most consistent player, they wouldn't have double points in the final events. Every event would have status equivalent with the prize money.

Remember one of the rules is that if you go into the final event in the top 5 you win the Fed Ex Cup with a win in the Tour Championship. So effectively someone could win every single tour event they entered and be hundreds of points ahead then the 5th placed player wins the final event and gets the $10M.

Not knocking Rose, I'm a big fan and he is very consistent and had a lot of top finishes - but like I said, he would swap Kopeka's PGA tour season for his (and the money) in a minute.
Next year the changes will make even more of a season finale that season review. what with them starting up under par.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site

Everyone who qualified had a chance to win double points so what is your beef/point?

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
That it's not the best or most consistent player over the season, it's a sprint finish with the final events loaded.

No it's not as you need to be consistent to get into the final events. What it does is makes the final events more interesting with more at stake for all playing.

The Autumn Wind

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I’m really looking forward to this. The best 2 players this century, head to head on one of the top 10 courses in the world (that I’m hoping to go and play in the next couple of years).

It’s golf, it’s free on Sky, the players and caddies are miked up, and it’s a stellar golf course. What’s not to like !?

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
I’m really looking forward to this. The best 2 players this century, head to head on one of the top 10 courses in the world (that I’m hoping to go and play in the next couple of years).

It’s golf, it’s free on Sky, the players and caddies are miked up, and it’s a stellar golf course. What’s not to like !?
The bantz...is it awesome??

Tiger- ‘make this putt phil & I’ll pay off your gambling debts?’

Phil - ‘9 mill tiger, that’s about the same as you paid to your ex wife!!’
Stay classy golf !! 👍👍

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
You’re late😡
You blown me out for Phil?
Sorry just tucking myself in, be there in 10!! Phil wanted me to squeeze him in first. We’ve been watching reruns of jacks greatest shots to remind us what golf is all about. #shellswonderfulworldofgolf&chill

Pin-seeker

Visit site
The bantz...is it awesome??

Tiger- ‘make this putt phil & I’ll pay off your gambling debts?’

Phil - ‘9 mill tiger, that’s about the same as you paid to your ex wife!!’
Stay classy golf !! 👍👍
My BFF is Sooooo cool & funny 👆👆👆👆😂😂😂

Bet you’re all well Jel.