BOOM

D

Deleted member 21258

I agree with Norrin tbh, what I never follow is why generally that one person feels to post numerous times on the same thread, basically the same thing being negative or even across multiple threads on the same matter.

If I do not agree with something, I tend to post once to say my view and then 'walk away'.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not got Sky so will not be watching it but would be interested to see how it is covered. It cannot be easy to cover a single round of golf with the amount of gaps between shots and no other action to fill them. Either Tiger and Phil are going to have to be on the mike all the time and keep the chat going or there are going to be a hell of a lot of ad breaks.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Rose got his $10 million for being the best player over the whole year, not just a one off 18 hole game.

No he didn't. He got it for being decent the whole year, and picking up the top 2s and 3s in the final events when points counted double.

In reality, no golfer is going to swap the season Rose had for the seasons of Koepka (2 majors) and Molinari (major, 2 other wins).

The whole Fed Ex cup thing is far too contrived to the point that in my view it rarely finds the best player - unless they are miles better than everyone else. It basically finds the guy who is in form for the final month of the season.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Will the people that disapprove with it so much that they can’t stopping talking about,be watching tonight?

And then talking about it some more?

D

Deleted member 18588

Personally I have zero interest in this for a variety of reasons.

However, others feel differently and will watch it.

Fine; no skin off my nose !

Live and let live for God's sake.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Will the people that disapprove with it so much that they can’t stopping talking about,be watching tonight?

And then talking about it some more?
I’ll be round at 7.30 mate, beers & pizza or Chinese? You wearing ‘tiger’ red?? 👍

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
You do understand it’s a forum for debate both positive and negative , if we all agreed on everything it would be very dull and threads would stop in an instant.
It’s an event that has caused a lot of negative views and social media is full of it - if you don’t like the negative views then scroll on bye and ignore it , it’s not going to stop despite you complaining. The thread has been negative towards the event but it’s also been respectful towards the posters making the points - until you posteD telling people to “get a life” , your moral high ground disappears

when i was growing up my mum always told that if you cant say something nice then say nothing ,obviously your mum didnt tell you the same .

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
Reading your post it looks like you didn’t listen to your mum then

i listened but i chose not to take notice when posting on this thread as nobody else has.
why the hell do feel the need to push your totally biased opinions on others i really dont know ,we all know you are not a fan of Tigers ,[methinks the green colour of jealousy grabs you far too often when concerning tiger]
one post saying i dont like the idea would be plenty for most people but you just keep banging the same bloody drum relentlessly.
i have never used an ignore function on a forum site before but you really are looking to be the first one i do push the button on.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Yet you have posted how many times on this thread not once in relation to the subject and only to complain about posters and what they posted. I answered the question posed by therod , I then corrected a false comment about the $9mil going to charity and then countered people trying to compare it to football. My posts have been about the subject and nothing but the subject - your posts have added nothing but to cry and complain about what posters have said , maybe instead of throwing insults and complaining add something yourself about the subject - or just walk on by but the thread was fine until you arrived and took it off track. Well done you - you did everything I suspect you whinge about
Imagine someone ruining a thread hey Phil 😱😂😂

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
No he didn't. He got it for being decent the whole year, and picking up the top 2s and 3s in the final events when points counted double.

In reality, no golfer is going to swap the season Rose had for the seasons of Koepka (2 majors) and Molinari (major, 2 other wins).

The whole Fed Ex cup thing is far too contrived to the point that in my view it rarely finds the best player - unless they are miles better than everyone else. It basically finds the guy who is in form for the final month of the season.

Which surely shows his consistency throughout the season? Brooks had a great season but over the course of it Rose amassed more money and points which points to greater consistency -which the FedEx was designed to reward.

Other players had the same opportunity to perform well for additional points.

D

Deleted member 15344

The Fed Ex was designed to find the most consistent player throughout the year - was it the “best” player - well that all depends on the criteria but the winner of the Fed Ex is normally the guy who has been the most consistent throughout the year - Rose this year has which is reflective with the Fed Ex win and getting to Number 1 in the World. Koepka has had a stellar year and managed to peak during two majors - just unreal and he was also rewarded for that. All three ( Rose , Molinari and Koepka ) had seasons to be proud off - if you ask 99.9 % of golfers they would pick either Koepka’s or Molinari season if they had the choice - most players still prefer majors over £10mil and I suspect Rose would happily swap the £10mil for another Major

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
The fed ex imo is the playoffs to the championship, or the League Cup.

When you’re in the business end it’s all of a sudden important. But as was said numerous times when Woods won, its end of season with players just “going through the motions”.

Whilst the fed ex cup can be won by the player who has the best season, it can also be won by someone who squeezes in and has a good final few tournaments. If Rose, Koepka or Molinaro had won it, you could say it was part of a good season. But at the same time, many others can win them after a shocking year with just a few late results.

badgb21

Hacker
Visit site
Sky tv channel guide on tv not showing the event ch 405?
Is it on another channel? Or is the channel listing just not up to date?
Thanks