BLM protests/ Riots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Not sure why you have gone on the attack like that I just have a differing view?
The rich white guys you refer to are users but the police aren’t too interested in them it’s the supply side which can lead to organised crime and violence.
Anyway my point about poor Asians and whites was in response to your comment “There are systematic problems that Black communities face here” but they are the same problems that the Asian community faces but they are not rioting and trying to destroy their community.

Btw great place the Isle of Dogs, a mix of Black, White, Asian and Chinese all pretty much getting along.?

That's a rather sweeping comment. The vast majority of protests have been peaceful. What percentage of blacks have taken part in a riot and/or are trying to destroy their community?

Generalisations like that are a form of racism. I'm sure you don't think of yourself as a racist (at least I hope you don't), I respectfully suggest you rethink those kind of comments.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
That's a rather sweeping comment. The vast majority of protests have been peaceful. What percentage of blacks have taken part in a riot and/or are trying to destroy their community?

Generalisations like that are a form of racism. I'm sure you don't think of yourself as a racist (at least I hope you don't), I respectfully suggest you rethink those kind of comments.

I bet your the sort of fella that see’s racism everywhere aren’t ya?

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
I have no uni degree, I spent 16-22 caring for my mother alone. Then she died. Because of my skin colour, I had no problem working hard, applying myself and getting to where I am now aged 28.

I have no doubt if I was black it would have been harder. If I was black i'd be most likely coming from a more impoverished household as there is no chance in hell my parents would have been able to get anywhere with the racism in the 80's.

RE: police not caring about white bankers compared to black guys with knives. The jail sentence is longer for possessing class A than a knife. Society has decided that it's not as bad as carrying a knife, probably because it's normally wealthy people.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I have no uni degree, I spent 16-22 caring for my mother alone. Then she died. Because of my skin colour, I had no problem working hard, applying myself and getting to where I am now aged 28.

I have no doubt if I was black it would have been harder. If I was black i'd be most likely coming from a more impoverished household as there is no chance in hell my parents would have been able to get anywhere with the racism in the 80's.

RE: police not caring about white bankers compared to black guys with knives. The jail sentence is longer for possessing class A than a knife. Society has decided that it's not as bad as carrying a knife, probably because it's normally wealthy people.

Whilst I acknowledge drugs are bad (have lost family members to it). People doing drugs themselves will cause damage to themselves (And their loved ones if it kills them). Carrying a knife is to end someone elses life. Being white has nothing do do with why people think carrying a deadly weapon is worse.

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
Whilst I acknowledge drugs are bad (have lost family members to it). People doing drugs themselves will cause damage to themselves (And their loved ones if it kills them). Carrying a knife is to end someone elses life. Being white has nothing do do with why people think carrying a deadly weapon is worse.

Didn't mention being white!

The law as it stands shows that drugs are worse than a knife. Either change the sentencing or law, or enforce it to show that and then no one can have a problem.

Funding drug dealers and organised crime millions a month is a problem, but that's a bigger debate that would bring this topic off track.

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No, but I did see it in your comment. I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt, instead you come out with a dismissive comment like that. Oh well, I guess we know where we stand now.

you must be seeing things that i don't! What exactly did he say that was racist?

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'm sorry but there is so much wrong with that generalisation of any family unit that breaks down supposedly being the fault of absent fathers or fathers that don't provide thus creating poverty. It's one of those stats that is sadly easily and often skewed to show that the lack of father or child support is the issue.

I can use myself as an example 39 years old (so I guess that makes me middle aged white male) our family unit broke down because my ex liked to perform exercise on her back with other men, yet I have never missed a payment to my kids, always fought to see them and yet.... If you look at the stats where mothers get polled about child support and absent fathers im firmly in there as being a waste of space father that never sees his kids and never provides for them. Why is that? Because their mother often stops access and complains all over social media that I do nothing, provide nothing and am not interested in my kids, the silly cow has even said those things to my kids. What's her reason for doing this well I have my guesses and its nothing to do with lack of support or absent parenting. I even know of a fellow forummer that's been through similar, dads whether black, white, Asian or otherwise often get bad press and blame for lack of direction of children and whilst yes there are some arseholes out there, there are equally as many poor mothers doing nothing to bring the children up, support them or guide them and preventing contact of dad's with their kids but they don't get the bad press because 90% of the time they get custody just because they're female so the blame gets pushed unfairly back on the father even when they've done nothing wrong and just want to be involved..

I should also add in my case its not lack of provision by me to her, but her own ineptitude to budget and cut her cloth accordingly but only buys big brand names clothing, overly expensive holidays each, year etc yet never seems to have money to put food on table so i get asked for more every single month. This is happening everywhere in UK with broken families not just mine, people need to learn to live to their means stop getting things on tick then missing payments they can't afford thus creating further debt and poverty at home.

Sorry but that statement hit a nerve with me and its generalisation like that which need to stop and all parents to be accountable for actions of their children. Inequality of fathers rights also needs addressing to help prevent the idea that its absent fathers that are solely to blame in break down of family units.
You really have taken my comments out of context. I fully appreciate that many family breakdowns are not the fault of the father and many fathers and mothers come to that are fully supportive of their children, from what you have posted previously I can see you love and support your children and am sorry you have taken this personally.

I was trying to look objectively as to why so many families in black and troubled societies have absent parents that dont support the children they have deserted and this leaves in many cases mothers bringing up children while trying to also put bread on the table, the children become angry with society and in many cases end up in gangs and turn to crime.

Again, please dont think I am criticising parents that through no fault of their own become separated from their families but are fully supporting them.

Last edited:

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The bit that I highlighted. The implication that the black community (unlike the Asian community) are rioting and trying to destroy their community.

he was quoting the previous poster and saying that the same issues are across communities - I think you are seeing things i am not

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
You probably think that my Old fashioned view that “All lives matter” is racist.

As I'm sure you know, that's a loaded slogan which is commonly used to criticise Black Lives Matter. It's been all over the media in the last few days.

If you really didn't know that, and are using it innocently, then your use of it is not racist. But I suspect you know very well what you are doing when you use it.

Wolf

Visit site
You really have taken my comments out of context. I fully appreciate that many family breakdowns are not the fault of the father and many fathers and mothers come to that are fully supportive of their children, from what you have posted previously I can see you love and support your children and am sorry you have taken this personally.

I was trying to look objectively as to why so many families in black and troubled societies have absent parents that dont support the children they have deserted and this leaves in many cases mothers bringing up children while trying to also put bread on the table, the children become angry with society and in many cases end up in gangs and turn to crime.

Again, please dont think I am criticising parents that through no fault of their own become separated from their families but are fully supporting them.
I don't believe i have taken it out of context, your comment was a generalisation of brown families at fault through lack of fathers. All I did was address the fact that was a huge generalisation that does nothing but give in an incorrect stereotype and user myself as example of why the generalisation you used was incorrect.

I can fully appreciate your point and also understand why you may think that as that is how it is sadly shown in the media. Which is something that needs addressing as well.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I don't believe i have taken it out of context, your comment was a generalisation of brown families at fault through lack of fathers. All I did was address the fact that was a huge generalisation that does nothing but give in an incorrect stereotype and user myself as example of why the generalisation you used was incorrect.

I can fully appreciate your point and also understand why you may think that as that is how it is sadly shown in the media. Which is something that needs addressing as well.
No, it wasnt about a lack of fathers, it was about a lack of fathers that dont support their children, theres a massive difference.

https://www.alliance4usefulevidence.org/absent_fathers/

Last edited:

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As I'm sure you know, that's a loaded slogan which is commonly used to criticise Black Lives Matter. It's been all over the media in the last few days.

If you really didn't know that, and are using it innocently, then your use of it is not racist. But I suspect you know very well what you are doing when you use it.

I think you see racism in anything that is not saying what you want to hear

Wolf

Visit site
No, it wasnt about a lack of fathers, it was about a lack of fathers that dont support their children, theres a massive difference.

https://www.alliance4usefulevidence.org/absent_fathers/
Equally there are mothers that don't support or prevent fathers from providing time with their children. Its not as simple as posting one link as a cure all, its a 2 way street hence I said in my original reply there are arseholes that don't support but there are equally as many mothers preventing access and wasting the support they get, but that does not get as much air time as its doesn't fit the stats bubble of negativity that is easier to report. That's all my post was and having been through it and seen many others go through the same, its not as cut and dry as your link suggests.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Didn't mention being white!

The law as it stands shows that drugs are worse than a knife. Either change the sentencing or law, or enforce it to show that and then no one can have a problem.

Funding drug dealers and organised crime millions a month is a problem, but that's a bigger debate that would bring this topic off track.

That's my bad. Having very similar convo on fb comparing the typical wall street guy v the knife estates.

I agree with you re organised crime being a major problem. I was simply comparing the two crimes mentioned like for like.

Coke habit imo not as bad as carrying a blade.

Interesting that your picture is that, then you post that ****.

S+S is for drugs, stolen property AND weapons. In my time in The City and Canary Wharf. I Have never seen a S+S take place, despite their being a huge amount of class A drugs. Why is that? There would be huge amount of arrests, and the drug cartels would loose billions. But no one cares about us rich white guys.

No one said it was only blacks in poverty. But its good when you walked around Tower Hamlets it was only those lighter brown people in poverty......

I tell a lie. I'd read it on your previous comments.

Last edited:

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Equally there are mothers that don't support or prevent fathers from providing time with their children. Its not as simple as posting one link as a cure all, its a 2 way street hence I said in my original reply there are arseholes that don't support but there are equally as many mothers preventing access and wasting the support they get, but that does not get as much air time as its doesn't fit the stats bubble of negativity that is easier to report. That's all my post was and having been through it and seen many others go through the same, its not as cut and dry as your link suggests.
My comments were as a consequence of trying to understand why so many young black people felt their lives were not mattering and why so many black children are raised in poverty. I'm genuinely sorry if you think it meant anything else. In ,y previous post I did include mothers but ots not as prevalent. There is a stark difference to Asian families who have a very low rate of absent non supporting parents and who tend to be high achievers. If we cannot discuss these matters objectively then we wont be able to find solutions and that's what we need to be doing.

Wolf

Visit site
My comments were as a consequence of trying to understand why so many young black people felt their lives were not mattering and why so many black children are raised in poverty. I'm genuinely sorry if you think it meant anything else. In ,y previous post I did include mothers but ots not as prevalent. There is a stark difference to Asian families who have a very low rate of absent non supporting parents and who tend to be high achievers. If we cannot discuss these matters objectively then we wont be able to find solutions and that's what we need to be doing.
Problem is it's easy to be abject about a subject you don't have personal experience of being put through.

That's not a dig at you btw, I totally understand where you're coming from but this is the whole point of BLM marches to, we have many white men etc saying we need to be abject yet they haven't lived through the prejudice so cannot fully understand what it feels like to be made to feel the way they do hence they cannot remain abject and simply address it from our PoV, same way I replied to you initially.

Its easy for an outsider to look at quick stats and make judgement, but until you've been subject to certain treatments, and been included in a stat just because of who you are rather than because of your actions the ability to be abject is lost because its almost like rather than people acknowledge the poor treatment you get as a so called absent father or because purely of black skin in the case of what's happening now its essentially like your feelings are brushed aside to discuss it purely from someone else's point of view that's in many ways unaffected.

No we need to stop trying to take the high ground and being abject and actually try to understand what its like for people to be persecuted for their colour, sex or even absenteeism without knowing their story and seek to find ways to improve how we treat those people as more than a lopsided stat.

I take your points on board but in this case I simply cannot agree, so perhaps best we end our particular dance on this thread with each other ??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.