The best new gadget?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
In my opinion is the............drone with a good quality camera.
It may not be that new (2015 ish) but to see some of the footage being put out these days by You tubers is stunning and wouldn't have been possible a decade ago.
It could give an interesting birds eye view of your swing too... đź«Ł
Just got to be mindful of all the rules and regulations.
For example

HeftyHacker

Visit site
I've often said to my missus, whilst watching Attenborough or suchlike, how much of a game changer drones must have been for cinematography. Shots that used to require helicopters could suddenly be carried out, multiple times, by kit that cost an hours worth of chopper time.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes drones are fabulous.
In my job ( crane driver) drones are invaluable now they give you a Birds Eye view of everything.
This had to be done by slingers with radios in the past for any lift where you couldn’t see the landing area.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I saw recently some US police forces using them in certain situations where it's safer to use a drone than a person. Brilliant use of technology

Spanish traffic police use them. It can be to catch speeders, to monitor congestion, give an aerial view of crashes.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
One of the many uses I saw was at the end of a high speed persuit, the suspect crashes but is ok. They sent the drone up to the car to see inside if there were any passengers and if they were armed.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I was sat next the Head of the Geography faculty for University College Dublin on a flight. The faculty had just bought a drone equipped with a gimbal mount for a camera. The cost; just under €10,000. I guess it was something better than your average hobbyist’s drone.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Drones can be of great value but they can also be a flaming intrusive nuisance. When in NZ in 2019 we noticed that at some scenic areas/viewpoints and National park locations, drones were banned.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Drones can be of great value but they can also be a flaming intrusive nuisance. When in NZ in 2019 we noticed that at some scenic areas/viewpoints and National park locations, drones were banned.

My brother law has a decent quality one, what impressed me was when he went to fly it at the beach once and we were near an mod base and the drone wouldn't fly because of the exclusion zone

I can imagine there are cheap ones that will always fly tho

He got some great pics at his wedding with it

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Malham Cove, for many years, has had signs banning their use to prevent disturbance of the nesting Perigrins not to mention guys climbing.