Best winter courses in the North East

Chaddy

Medal Winner
Visit site
Autumn is on us and my home course has returned to swamp like conditions. Any of you golfers from the NE have any recommendations for best (and dry!) courses to play in the winter? Had a quick round at Warkworth yesterday which was in great nick and dry as anything. Have thought of the usual suspects such as Goswick and Sharpley too but was wondering if there are any others I should be considering for our next trip?

Cheers

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Ho about these?

Royal Aberdeen, Murcar, Cruden Bay, Fraserburgh. All good links course and prob still in great nic over winter.

D

Deleted member 16999

Seaton Carew definitely, and Hartlepool GC is not too bad, Redcar (Cleveland GC) claims to have the best greens in the winter and rarely closes.

JamesyMc92

Medal Winner
Visit site
Longhirst changed the two courses into one and plays normal greens and tee boxes most of the winter depending on how bad the weather is! Played all last winter and only one or two tee boxes were changed to temps but all normal greens were on

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Not far over the border is Eyemouth GC. A really interesting and good value course.

I hear the food is excellent again as the original chef is back.

D

Deleted member 16999

If I leave the key would you mind cutting the grass mate....you aren't doing much these days are ya?!? 😁😁
Got fit another 18 holes in mate, otherwise...........😃