Best WHITE golf shoes

dufferman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You know when you watch the golf, you see the pros striding up the fairways in those crisp, clean, white shoes? How does the average golfer keep their white shoes looking as good as the pros?

I've got a pair of Footjoy shoes which have seen better days. Thinking of treating myself. Don't want to spend money on a white pair which will easily get ruined in the upcoming rain and mud!

Anyone got a pair which maybe has an easy to clean finish (so no leather I guess)?

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
You know when you watch the golf, you see the pros striding up the fairways in those crisp, clean, white shoes? How does the average golfer keep their white shoes looking as good as the pros?

I've got a pair of Footjoy shoes which have seen better days. Thinking of treating myself. Don't want to spend money on a white pair which will easily get ruined in the upcoming rain and mud!

Anyone got a pair which maybe has an easy to clean finish (so no leather I guess)?
Clean them thoroughly after every round of golf they will look reasonably new for most of the time you have them

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site

Don't forget we're looking at them from a distance - and they get a new pair every day if they need!
That's why ours cost so much...

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The only way to keep your shoes looking like the pro's is to replace them once a month! I don't know how many pairs they get given but I'm guessing it is quite a few and no doubt the caddy will clean them as part of their job. I know that doesn't answer your question but my point is that it is unlikely you will be able to keep them like a pro's beyond a few months. Accept that fact and relax.

I have a pair of Puma shoes which I think look decent still have 12 months of use. You may have higher standards and think they look a bit dirty though so that comes down to personal views.

I do remember someone recently saying make sure your shoes fit properly as that will keep away the crease marks that you can get and do make the shoes look unsightly.

dufferman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The only way to keep your shoes looking like the pro's is to replace them once a month! I don't know how many pairs they get given but I'm guessing it is quite a few and no doubt the caddy will clean them as part of their job. I know that doesn't answer your question but my point is that it is unlikely you will be able to keep them like a pro's beyond a few months. Accept that fact and relax.

I have a pair of Puma shoes which I think look decent still have 12 months of use. You may have higher standards and think they look a bit dirty though so that comes down to personal views.

I do remember someone recently saying make sure your shoes fit properly as that will keep away the crease marks that you can get and do make the shoes look unsightly.

I know I might not get them looking brand new - but in the past I've had white shoes go a dull off white colour!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
as others have said pro's are probably changing shoes on a reg basis as always look new. not to mention they are playing in nice dry warm places most of the time and are not tramping through muddy rough in the UK 12 months of the year;)

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
unless you are prepared to do a lot of housekeeping on them, dont bother, White shoes in winter are just wrong
get a pair of black ones or brown if you like . White shoes should be for summer only, like white trews........

anyone wearing them in autumn/ Winter/ spring should be shot (unless its a sunny dry day

Popcorn , various flavours available :)

D

Deleted member 15344

I only wear white shoes and it doesn't matter what you do they only stay brilliant white for a couple of weeks and after that they dull a little - they get mucky during the autumn but baby wipe and dry off after and they are fine.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Get a pair with a PU coating over the white leather.

My HI Techs are wipe clean.

They remain good until the PU coating develops cracks.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I wipe mine with baby wipes immediately afterwards before I put them away in our locker room. I also spray them before going out with Ecco waterproofing so it puts a barrier on them which help the dirt lift off easier afterwards rather than getting ingrained into the leather.

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Wipe over with a wet wipe as soon as possible after play

Once home clean properly and apply a little toothpaste

Seriously, it works! * :thup:

* and makes them smell minty fresh :)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I know I might not get them looking brand new - but in the past I've had white shoes go a dull off white colour!

I don't think I've had that before. My shoes are white and I only have one pair so I wear them all year. If they get muddy I wipe them straight away when I get home. No baby wipes, toothpaste etc. Just warm water and a sponge. That keeps them okay. I don't mind a bit of natural ageing but I agree that off white is not good.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I wipe with baby wipes, put gel sachets inside to soak some of the moisture and then into show horns to dry naturally. Once fully dry, another wipe with baby wipes, and every month or so a clear polish to keep soft and the dirt lifts off easily

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Go to any golf hotel in Belek. There will be a man in the reception area who will restore your golf shoes to their original condition. You can get a week all inclusive next month for around £350 - job done.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
For comfort......I'd recommend the Sketchers Go Golf, not sure how 'white' they will stay.

For me , a quick bang to get the mud off , a blow with the air hose and in the boot of the car they go until the next round. My Foot Joy Icons have lasted quite a few years. I've been trying to break a pair of Ecco Cage in for 12 months but they rub like mad so went for the sketchers.

http://www.clubhousegolf.co.uk/acat...ro-2-Golf-Shoes-White-Gray-Blue.html#SID=2546

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

Unfortunately we're not given a brand spanking new pair every time we go out!

I honestly never clean mine. I take them out the bag when I get home so they have air and don't stink of damp next time. That's about it. Whenever you're out in a bit of drizzle and walk through some long grass that shines them up surprisingly well!