Best weekend of golf??

Don70

Medal Winner
Visit site
Whats yours?
Just had a great one, 39 pts in stapleford comp at the club on Sat (still waiting for the results) and 41 points (and a win) in a society day yesterday!

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not entirely sure which one it was...as I have had 3 great weekends over the past month or so. It's either

a) My first competion win (handicap cut from 21-18)
b) My first "board" competition win (handicap cut from 18-14)
c) My first pairs competition win, and afterwards, being selected to represent the club in competition

The first win is always special I suppose, but being asked to represent the club is massive!!

D

Deleted Member 1156

Not entirely sure which one it was...as I have had 3 great weekends over the past month or so. It's either

a) My first competion win (handicap cut from 21-18)
b) My first "board" competition win (handicap cut from 18-14)
c) My first pairs competition win, and afterwards, being selected to represent the club in competition

The first win is always special I suppose, but being asked to represent the club is massive!!

21 to 14 in 3 weeks?? Bloody hell, how big was your sombrero? :whistle:

ps....OP, it is STABLEFORD ;)

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
21 to 14 in 3 weeks?? Bloody hell, how big was your sombrero? :whistle:

ps....OP, it is STABLEFORD ;)

Tell me about it. I started playing really consistently back in November, but there were no comps...so couldn't go anywhere. Just kept everything ticking over in the winter and launched an attack on some comps! I still think I can get lower as well!!

D

Deleted Member 1156

Tell me about it. I started playing really consistently back in November, but there were no comps...so couldn't go anywhere. Just kept everything ticking over in the winter and launched an attack on some comps! I still think I can get lower as well!!

Nice work, now is the time to reap the rewards, a whole season ahead of us :)

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Returned, a while ago, to my old club in Scotland (Craigielaw) for an Open. As it was a links course and I'd been playing a parkland one for a year or so I figured I'd get some links practice in.

Played Royal Liverpool (Hoylake) on way up on the Friday. Supper in Edinburgh then up to camp out beside Carnoustie. Carnoustie Championship Saturday AM; Old Course Saturday PM. Open comp on the Sunday (buffer). Royal Birkdale on the Monday - notable for playing alongside some of my tennis idols who were relaxing before that year's Wimbledon (Mats Wilander, Johan Kriek and (just as crazy on the golf course as the tennis court) Henri Leconte).

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
This weekend just gone was probably the most special.

1. Saturday, won Greensomes challenge match against another club
2. Sunday, won Monthly Stableford and qualified for regional UKPCC finals
3. Got cut to single figures for the first time ever.

..and Arsenal finished 3rd to top it all off. (yeah I know its not golf) :<))