Best gloves for playing in the rain

HPIMG

Visit site
I played today in horrible weather, two of the guys I was playing with wanted to walk off at the 15th but we marched on. I don’t play with a glove just don’t notice any difference or benefits but today on the last few holes my hands were struggling to get a good grip.
Are the golf branded rain gloves the best option or has anyone found other gloves that work really well ?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Marigolds......preferably yellow but other colours are available
Mac-Wets get a lot of love on here
Personally, I dont suffer from slippy grips in the rain..not sure why..

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have one of these in my bag for the rain:
https://www.snaintongolf.co.uk/golf.../rain-golf-gloves/footjoy-raingrip-golf-glove
It's basically just suede instead of leather. I find it works just fine. I don't like wearing a pair of gloves to play, I find I have no feel with my right hand and just slice everything. So I just wear the one rain-grip glove, and have a small towel up in the spokes of my umbrella to dry my other hand before hitting the shot.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Macwets are the default answer but I have the Mizuno Rain Fit Gloves and they have never let me down. Rain is really not an issue now, no grip problems at all when wearing them, and I have used them in some torrential weather.

Incidentally, don't make the mistake I did and buy a single glove, it was a FJ wet glove. Completely useless if you don't have faith, or grip with the ungloved and very wet other hand.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I’ve got the FJ rain grip ones too and they are fine for me. Lasted years as well but that’s probably more due the lack of playing in the rain. ?

Out of interest. The best normal glove I’ve found is the Zoom Tour pro. Hard to source be worth it. Their rain gloves are rubbish by the way.

D

Deleted member 29109

Any normal glove will be fine. You are better off trying to keep the grips dry.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Any normal glove will be fine. You are better off trying to keep the grips dry.
With wet gloves though you don't have to worry about keeping grips dry, keeping towels dry, carrying multiple towels etc. As someone said earlier, the wetter it is the better they work. They allow you to not worry about rain at all. Heck I don't even bother with a bag hood when it rains now ?

CountLippe

Visit site
With wet gloves though you don't have to worry about keeping grips dry, keeping towels dry, carrying multiple towels etc. As someone said earlier, the wetter it is the better they work. They allow you to not worry about rain at all. Heck I don't even bother with a bag hood when it rains now ?

Indeed. All you need is wet weather gloves and a rain hat.

RRidges

Visit site
MacWets definitely work well. Not tried the Marigold option, but heard they work too.
The real key is keeping the grips as dry as possible though as they are the surface that gets slippery. That can be difficult though.
Playing in the rain is not pleasant even with the proper gear, so I avoid it where possible! Though it's about the only time the clubs get a decent clean!

D

Deleted member 29109

All true. But then your hands get cold. Well mine do with my terrible circulation.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
All true. But then your hands get cold. Well mine do with my terrible circulation.
Yeah, I've never tried the Macwets but don't like the sound of having frozen soaking wet hands. ? Hence why I've stuck with the suede FJ option which operates basically like a regular glove.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
As @Lord Tyrion says, MacWets are the default answer, but you can pretty much get Rain Grip gloves from almost all brands now. I've used MacWet, Footjoy, Dunlop and even Golden Bear, and they all did the same job. I wouldn't be without them now. The best thing I can say is that when it rains, I don't even think about my grip. They just work brilliantly.

oleinone

Visit site
We have regular seniors comps against about a dozen local clubs. I really enjoy these matches but we seem to have offended some pagan god of rain. This year most have attracted a deluge which in any other circumstances would see me heading for the clubhouse. Instead we have soldiered on for the full 18. My hands just won't work when they are wet and cold. I've tried a couple of wet weather gloves which just don't seem to help. Will get some MacWets but suspect it's probably more to do with being an old git than anything else!

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
The cotton-lined marigolds are worth paying that little bit extra for, in my opinion.
Nice blue colour rather than the usual yellow is another bonus.
Available in most leading supermarkets and Wilko.

marigolds.jpg