How bad does it need to get?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have walked in after 5 holes in a Seniors singles comp. The organiser was in the group behind so I waited for him so I could have a word and he and his group followed us in.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
When the rain is getting wind-driven into my face so hard that I think I’m going to lose a contact lens. That’s when I stop. See Southerness a few years ago when me and my buddy gave up after 4 or 5. That plus my playing companion that day, my club head pro, was struggling to get his tee shots onto the fairway such was the wind.

D

Deleted member 25575

All depends on the what the round is all about. I rarely play competitive golf so that isn’t a consideration save for a handful of times a year.
However if I am playing away, like a year ago at St Andrews, I had a 3 day ticket and it hammered it down for all 3 days, still played 6.5 rounds in those 3 days. The first round of the day tended not to be too bad as at least you’re starting dry, but the wind was up so a brolly was a no no and even in good waterproofs I was soaked through, going out for the 2nd and on one day 3rd round was tough, starting cold and wet isn’t easy, but it’s St Andrews and I’d paid and on my own so what else am I going to do? Sit in my Air BnB watching the rain?