Best cover version

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Most of Joe Cocker's biggest hits!

Quite a few of Rod Stewart's ones as well! Particularly 'Have I Told You Lately'

Whitney Houston's 'I will always love you'

And maybe Eric Clapton's acoustic 'cover' of Layla!!

Adi2Dassler

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm a big Bowie fan, was honestly gutted when he died in January. One of my favourite tunes of his is Sound and Vision. I also like Beck.

Only discovered this is January and love it, possibly more than the original. Listen thru headphones.

[video=youtube;XyO5MRTbL2s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyO5MRTbL2s[/video]

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Johnny Cash - American IV - the whole album with Hurt as the standout amongst some very difficult to choose between tracks:

[video=youtube;o22eIJDtKho]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o22eIJDtKho[/video]

Hurt is the right answer...

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
For You - Manfred Mann's Earth Band (original Springsteen)

also mentions for :
Only One Woman - Alien (original Marbles, written by the Bee Gees)
Ride like the Wind - Saxon (original Christopher Cross)

lobthewedge

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Radiohead did a great cover of the Bond theme 'Nobody Does it Better' for an MTV live show back in the day.

Its on youtube, just not able to put the link up at the moment, happy for someone to oblige.

shewy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I quite like the radio 1 live lounge sessions where loads have done cover versions, quite like the supermassive black hole cover by some girl (can't remember)
Also Radiohead covering the Smiths and Weezer covering Radiohead, to many to mention really. Oh and Nirvana the man who stole the world.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I quite like the radio 1 live lounge sessions where loads have done cover versions, quite like the supermassive black hole cover by some girl (can't remember)
Also Radiohead covering the Smiths and Weezer covering Radiohead, to many to mention really. Oh and Nirvana the man who stole the world.

Live Lounge had some great (and crap) covers. Arctic Monkeys did a cover of Amy Winehouse Back to Black which was superb and likewise The Fratellis doing Hotel Yorba.