Original songs but the cover version is the better known one.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Speaking of Annie Lennox, I had no idea for years that No More I Love Yous was actually a cover. I listened to the original, it's actually awful! She did a great job with it.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Everybody wants to rule the world. Two very different versions by Tears for Fears and Gary Jules but both excellent.

Because the night, original by Bruce Springsteen but the Patti Smith version is better known.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Natalie Imbruglia - Torn. I didn't even know that was a cover until about two years ago.

Power of Love (I'm your lady you are my man one) - I think plenty of people just think of that as Celine Dion. But the original Jennifer Rush version is fantastic.

Torn was played all the time on the radio when I started my apprenticeship as a 16 year old.
Still a good song, never knew it was a cover either.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
One of the questions in last nights Pub quiz.

What groups first five hits were cover versions.

The Beatles
The Beach Boys
The Rolling Stones
The Who

I got it straight away but it still surprised me.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Everybody wants to rule the world. Two very different versions by Tears for Fears and Gary Jules but both excellent.

Because the night, original by Bruce Springsteen but the Patti Smith version is better known.

Pedant alert but think you mean Mad World.

Grizzly

Visit site
So, I don't have the IT awareness to embed videos for you, but I'd offer up Adele's version of Make You Feel My Love. Which is not a patch on the brilliant Bob Dylan original.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One of the questions in last nights Pub quiz.

What groups first five hits were cover versions.

The Beatles
The Beach Boys
The Rolling Stones
The Who

I got it straight away but it still surprised me.

I probably would have gone for the Strolling Bones. They were essentially a rock/blues band in the beginning and I am sure that at least one was a remake of one of the greats like Muddy Waters, Ben E King.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I probably would have gone for the Strolling Bones. They were essentially a rock/blues band in the beginning and I am sure that at least one was a remake of one of the greats like Muddy Waters, Ben E King.
Yes it was The Stones, remember 'Little Red Rooster'...…..that was a very strange song to top the charts at that time.